Letchworth Autoway 20k service

merlincryst

Feb 3, 2004
Cambridge
Visit site
Just thought I would let you know, I used Letchworth for my LCR's 2nd year/ 20k service on Saturday.

They orginally quoted around £250, which included the service and brake fluid change which was due.

Dropped the car off at 8am, had a phone call it was ready by 12pm. Had the use of a courtesy car.

Car came back washed, though not valeted on the inside and final bill was £201.:clap:

They also replaced all my "R" badges on warranty which had gone a bit naff in the past two years with water damage.

Am very happy with their service and recommend you try them out, if they are local for you. I travel from Cambridge to avoid having to use Marshall's

Cheers,

Joe

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Did you check all the paint work? Every time i have been there they have managed to chip or scratch mine!
Need to take mine in in the next 1k but i think i will go to Cheshunt as its only £165 if you supply the oil and filters etc (cost £45 using race stuff rather than stock oil)

I hope its because they have got there act togther tho as there easy for me to get to at work!

merlincryst

Feb 3, 2004
Cambridge
Visit site
Actually, all was fine, the car had not been washed to my standard so I washed it again, yesterday and I did not find any new marks on the car.

One thing I did note, was they must have used something aggressive on the wheels because while the rear breaks have always been pink rather than red, now they are even lighter pink with lots of droplet marks on them....

Do you know if anyone has gotten the rear brake colour sorted on warranty for an LCR?

Cheers

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Not from them! I had a major argument over them, they told me they were pink as standard! Mine were never pink until they washed it!

flashbsd

i had a fall out with the parts guy and the service bloke, both have contradicted me, my car got damaged in there, 3 chips on the boot etc.

and a member of the family saw my car on a test drive, lets just say, doing speed! I've seen a customers car written off by them, bloke stacked it on a "test drive"

Tallpaul

Jul 2, 2005
the guys on the front desk are a little tiresome at that place. The techies i have spoken to are OK.

I'd rather have taken my Leon there than to Marshalls though.

My opinion of the SEAT dealer network is low at best. They should all take a secondment to Honda to find out how it should be done.

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
I must admit i have spoken to a few mechanics and they seem on the ball its just the admin staff that need a kick in the pants

Tallpaul

Jul 2, 2005
It's a pain in the arse trying to explain something to somebody that knows less than you but thinks they know more. On two occasions i ended up asking to speak to the mechanic because the guy on the front desk began to contradict himself.

Don't ever want to deal with people that have no passion about their proffesion or are just plain ignorant of their product. Of the three differant Honda dealerships i've dealt with, the front desk people have been knowledgable, enthusiastic and sensible enough to admit if they don't know the answer to a question and fetch a mechanic - without having to be asked!

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Thank god im not the onlyone that thought that! As basicly they seem to be the people causing the most problems as i bet none of the information they get is passed onto the guys doing the job.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members