It's almost home...

BlueR

Jan 17, 2005
Well after four long painful weeks i finally get to pick my car up tomorrow night. Due to time and waiting on parts i haven't had everything done i wanted, but still had quite a lot done ;)

Completely new IHI kit to replace old worn kit :whistle:
Water injection
Rebuilt gearbox with diff
polybushed wishbones
vibratech engine mounts

also had to replace various other broken/worn parts including maf, n75, turbo intake, decat pipe,chargecooler pump and various other bits.

I rang up earlier and heard it being thrashed on the rollers, it's being mapped conseratively at 1.35 bar and we will see how we get on with that.

Am going back in a few weeks to have new suspension and ARB's fitted.

Also need to replace my AP racing disks and some non carbon pads (ruined the paintwork on the car :( ) and some R888's and then i think i'll have one of the best running Mk3's out there which if i ever can be bothered will be an awesome track car due to the gearing [B)]

But i am going to buy a dedicated track car so will just have to keep on embarrassing those pesky porsches and ferraris who think they can keep up :funk:

Am very excited and just hope i'm not disappointed after all the wait and cost. As i joked to Elton earlier - there aren't many original parts left on the car :cry: :D

flashbsd

very nice! jabba are good guys!

post up the RR results too!

Undezcupra

Francis Seat
Dec 21, 2005
Leicestershire
arr sounds good, bet the drive home will be wicked! lol and i agree jabbasport are top guys! mines going in for an ihi conversion mid april

BlueR

Jan 17, 2005
Yeh Elton's been very helpful and waiting till 7pm till i pick it up which is decent of him.

I will post the results if they are respectable :shrug: :cry:

andy_dea

Aug 9, 2003
north east
Visit site
are you only getting 1.35 bar as thats all what jabba will map it for as have a charge cooler fitted, and they dont think to there up to more than that?

and anything over they advise a front mount intercooler now?

BlueR

Jan 17, 2005
:D I asked for bright orange :D

Got the car back, got a few problems however so will have to go back again :( :( :( :(

BlueR

Jan 17, 2005
Just a few small niggles, little things that need sorting out, which will be sorted and then we can have fun.

I also need all new suspension and some ARB's as the car's a bit wallowy in the bends.

Also the diff id interesting and need to get used to it pulling me round the bends.

Also have to decide if i should leave the traction control on or not. It sounds like a machine gun when it kicks in in 2nd gear, but if i turn it off it just spins a bit and seems to pull better, but when your going round a slight bend foot to the floor u feel like the diff is going to pull u into the kerb.

BlueR

Jan 17, 2005
And incase anyone reads too much into things, i'm very happy with Jabba sports work and help with the car and i'm sure they will be great for the help i need in the future. We had quite a few problems with the car to rectify and they have done a great job in returning what was there ex demo car back to a better standard than it was before :D

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
BlueR said:
And incase anyone reads too much into things, i'm very happy with Jabba sports work and help with the car and i'm sure they will be great for the help i need in the future. We had quite a few problems with the car to rectify and they have done a great job in returning what was there ex demo car back to a better standard than it was before :D

I am sure they will sort it. And once running how you want it i am sure it will cheer you up when you go out in it.

BlackLeon20VT

jabba sports

BlueR said:
and for those wondering, no power run was done, estimated abou 330bhp ;)

I wonder if you can help me, I have a Seat Leon 20Vt and am looking for more power, I have enquired with Jabba sports and they have mentioned a new turbo system, sounds really cool but I just wanted to see if anyone else has had this done and how it has been?
I would be very interested in any experiences of anyone.
Thank You

Addo

sounds like a good clean package. Jabba are good the've always helped me & mike out in the past.

BlackLeon20VT

Does it affect the town driving much in terms of smoothness?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise