exhaust brackets

mulletman

Limp Mode Squad ™
Mar 26, 2004
hi guys, ive ordered a turbo back miltek system and im starting to worry after reading a few threads that they knock no matter what you do, so im now confused why people have said they are good quality, my car isnt and wont be lowered so can i over come this, and are stronger brackets available for it, i'd love some info on this please guys, thanks daz

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Maybe you can bend the exhaust more accurately.... that'll be the reason it hits.

May well be worth getting some harder exhaust mounts if you can - that way it won't 'sag'

davidol

New ghetto whip :)
Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
i brought new mounts for jock to use when he fitted my turbo back miltek a couple of days ago which jock told me helped but didnt totally solve the knocking, I think theres not a lot that can be done about it seeing as its a bigger bore system and isnt built on the car, im still pleased to bits with mine though, the sound more than makes up for it.

Powerflex make uprated polyurethane exhaust mountings...available from your local ripspeed/halfords, dont expect the spotty 16 y/o monkey behind the desk though to able to find the catalogue lol, they dont get asked for them much!

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
if its sagging you can use cable ties and "firm" up the bush by tightening round its circumference. the sportstek exhaust i had for the cordy was a heavy bugger and pulled at the bushes too.

mulletman

Limp Mode Squad ™
Mar 26, 2004
thats what i meant forbez, and i used cable ties on my old cupra with the miltek and that helped but thought that the better brackets would be better still, where can i buy some? thanks guys daz

davidol

New ghetto whip :)
Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
as i said you might not be able to get them as the mk3 cupra has metal brackets with incorporated rubber hangers but try powerflex through halfords

mulletman

Limp Mode Squad ™
Mar 26, 2004
thanks david, its just my last miltek knocked and i dont have a lot of patients,i couldnt stand it, i did get rid of the knock just as i sold it though, typically, cheers again daz

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
acidstrato said:
thats help full when we're talking about a milltek system on a Mk3 ibiza..

if ur not gonna lower the car, id bet that it wont touch

Hmmm, mine isnt lowered and mine knocks, was real bad untill i put a shorter rubber mount in there, still knocks every so often though.

Will be taking the angle grinder to it soon...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise