best suspension with minimum drop

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
having read the rimstyle thread stating that the entry level fk's drop at least 25-35mm ive been wondering is there any kits (springs and dampers or coilies) around the 250-350 mark that dont lower more than 30mm or so, reason being my driveway is on a steep slope downwards and the middle of the car nearly bottoms out as it is. help!

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
Leon 99>04 Incl. cars with Seat Sport Suspension, excl. 4wd models 4019

Octavia 96>04 Excl. RS and 4wd models 4019

odd that the leon is included yet the VRS isn't.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
i think if anything the rears would be different,due to the extra weight/over hang of the octavia boot.but same part number for the "ones with seat sport suspension"which i presume is the cupra R

adaml

Jan 7, 2004
Leeds
Visit site
See this thread. I had a similar dilemma, only it was my in-laws' drive that gave the problems.

The FK kit I got lowered about 25mm front and 17mm rear which was ample for me. The info said 35-40mm but that was for std Leon. It would seem the LC is about 10-11mm lower than std Leon to start with.

On the in-laws' drive it scrapes badly with passengers in the car, or if I drive in straight sometimes get a slight scrape . But I've found if I go in at an angle I clear it every time. It's the exhaust bracket right in the middle of the car that catch on the ground.

adaml

Jan 7, 2004
Leeds
Visit site
Hi Steve, yeah i got one or two but I didn't think they were that good so I was waiting for a chance to get some really good ones so ended up forgetting. I'll post what I've got in my other thread.

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
jase et al, if im in the car on my own ive no probs and think that std springs and shocks obviously give/lower more once im in the car im thinking that firmer springs will keep the body of the car a little higher, my car empty sits as high as a jeep, however, once anyone sits in it (it drops right down so the tops of the tyres are just visible. wonder how much those konis are going for inc vat and del. think ill have a nosey later (heading out to wrestle the tip, fitted the dogbone bushes this morning)

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
jason said:
shirley its perished by now?:cartman:

no it hasnt, and dont call me shirley!:yes:

christ the tip is a bastrad for anyone with hands this side of beadle. started just after 6 and finished just before 10 lamp died s only had the bulb from my trusty sony er v600i camera light. my legs are sore, my knuckles ache and ive now got the skin of a rhinos ballbag on my right forearm.
test drive included the now obligatory lost screwdriver to ping out under the car and realise a vacuum pipe that affects the brakes has come loose through me moving it to get at the turbo.this link really doesnt do the difficulty of the job from above, justice.

prc

Sooty Meister
adaml said:
See this thread. I had a similar dilemma, only it was my in-laws' drive that gave the problems.

The FK kit I got lowered about 25mm front and 17mm rear which was ample for me. The info said 35-40mm but that was for std Leon. It would seem the LC is about 10-11mm lower than std Leon to start with.

On the in-laws' drive it scrapes badly with passengers in the car, or if I drive in straight sometimes get a slight scrape . But I've found if I go in at an angle I clear it every time. It's the exhaust bracket right in the middle of the car that catch on the ground.

Remember that these tend to settle a bit after a while. Mu eibach's originally lowered about 25mm but after about 20Kkm they where down to 35mm...:(
On my tdi I've barely got 6cm between the sump and the road...:cry:

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
paulo your bang on there, any time ive lowered a car i started off thinking, is that it? then inside a few months really noticing the lower stance. It looks like whatever i go for (has to include new springs as std ones arnt up to much) im going to have to run with 36psi in the tyres to clear the kerb! haha

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
Following on from this thread and others regarding safe drops with coilovers, i got my fks fitted today, i wound them up high to start with (still have another inch or so i can raise it if it turns out to be too low.
These were labelled as mk4 golf coilies so they certainly do fit and they handle my street a lot more comfortably than the standard muck.
Moral of the story, get some, I picked them up locally for the same price as i could have gotten them online.
84010b7f.gif

54440470.jpg

4a2f1a53.jpg

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
Cheers Pabs
found a serious amount of hairline scratches today, going to have to get busy with the maguirs tomorrow (scratchx, anyone know of anything better?)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members