LCR power

Jan 19, 2006
fife, scotland
just had my leon cupra R "210" rolling roaded at star performance today just to see what the standard car was putting out and was pleasantly surprised and more than a bit happy to see it was putting out 225.5bhp and 211lbs of torque whahey. so much for the 210 vs 225 questions.lol jim at star said that he's never seen a 210 actually putting out 210, always more than that. strangely enough for some reason the car felt more responsive and quicker to drive afterwards ? i don't know if caning the car on the rollers unblocked a hose or something but it definately felt better on the way home, anyone with any ideas as to why ? ;)

Jan 19, 2006
fife, scotland
yeah i thought of that but i just seems to be more responsive, cos i told jim that sometimes i dont think the car is that fast but other times it flies. although it is hard getting used to driving a turbo'd car as this is my first one, so you could be right but i dont think so

Dodson

Extreme Blue
Feb 9, 2005
Redcar
Actually now i think about it mind does that aswell!

Some days she really does fly,but lately all ive been doing is cruising it havent booted it for ages,so it will feel like a flying machine when i boot it next!

Deleted member 5985

I've just got a 1.2 Ibiza, but it did feel a bit quicker after it had been RR'd

LCR mat

LCR Eater
Apr 4, 2004
merthyr Tydfil
jamie paton said:
just had my leon cupra R "210" rolling roaded at star performance today just to see what the standard car was putting out and was pleasantly surprised and more than a bit happy to see it was putting out 225.5bhp and 211lbs of torque whahey. so much for the 210 vs 225 questions.lol jim at star said that he's never seen a 210 actually putting out 210, always more than that. strangely enough for some reason the car felt more responsive and quicker to drive afterwards ? i don't know if caning the car on the rollers unblocked a hose or something but it definately felt better on the way home, anyone with any ideas as to why ? ;)

The 225's come out a bit higher than 225 as well though

Jan 19, 2006
fife, scotland
yeah but jim at star was saying that some 210s are putting out between 230-240 standard, so all i'm saying is , if theres any difference then it must be minimal and probably barely noticable on the road

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2006
fife, scotland
been out in it today and it still feels faster, the accelerator pedal feels lighter somehow ! not my imagination. you know the feeling you get if your driving somebody elses car for a few hours and then you get back in your own and it feels like a totaly strange car that you've never driven before, well it was like that, only i hadn't been in anyone elses car, weird or what :shrug:

CupraSteve

Feb 3, 2006
dont mean to burst your bubble but fly readouts are just guesses, cant comment on star but many many rr's over calibrate there devices to give optimistic figures anyway.

if there rr is calibrated properly then readouts can vary simply frrom tyre pressure/temp air pressure/temp, etc etc. and then the fly reading is just a mathematical guess

did you get a wheel readout?

Jan 19, 2006
fife, scotland
yeah about 171 i think, but if their RR is a bit optimistic, i feel sorry for the guy in front of me who was remapped and his showed 250bhp, its an old argument about rolling roads anyway. (potato pottatto etc etc) :bleh:

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members