Not Happy!

keithrann

Uber
Oct 5, 2005
Roughly between 4 - 7k rpm!
Hi,

Just thought i'd put a topic up regarding my unfortunate incident on the M6 yesterday.

Driving in the outside lane following a CTR when all of a sudden, a plastic piece of debris was flicked up and went straight through my lower front grill.

I have already ordered a new grill through Seat for £30 but i believe the whole bumper needs removing to fit it! Does anyone know if this is a hard task?

DSC00909.jpg

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
i cant remember but i think i had to cut the clips on the back that hold it on, taking the bumper off is not too hard.

Dodson

Extreme Blue
Feb 9, 2005
Redcar
U should of been infront of it thats why!!!

No seriously though thats pretty unfortunate mate!

philcourt

When I had my Mk4 GTI Turbo I was on M56 and the Golf TDI in front (wasnt racing, just cruising to work) drove over a metal bar, flung it up and it put a 2 foot dent in my bonnet. Lucky it didnt hit windscreen. Made one hell of a noise, and a mess. Could of been a lot worse!

Thankfully I got the Highways Agency to play for it as it was debris left from them building a temporary barrier for roadworks at the time!

keithrann

Uber
Oct 5, 2005
Roughly between 4 - 7k rpm!
philcourt said:
When I had my Mk4 GTI Turbo I was on M56 and the Golf TDI in front (wasnt racing, just cruising to work) drove over a metal bar, flung it up and it put a 2 foot dent in my bonnet. Lucky it didnt hit windscreen. Made one hell of a noise, and a mess. Could of been a lot worse!

Thankfully I got the Highways Agency to play for it as it was debris left from them building a temporary barrier for roadworks at the time!

I know mine could of been alot worse!

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
keith
you can get a third party claim as we call it for that
Highways Agency will pay for your repair, if its bad enough that you want to take action that far

debris on road should be cleared away by the ISU's as soon as it appears

i can tell you this, becuase the M6 isnt one of my motorways
lol

philcourt

RikH said:
keith
you can get a third party claim as we call it for that
Highways Agency will pay for your repair, if its bad enough that you want to take action that far

debris on road should be cleared away by the ISU's as soon as it appears

i can tell you this, becuase the M6 isnt one of my motorways
lol

Thats true, I claimed once.
They send you forms to fill out. Bit tideous, but if you get LCR sorted from it, well worth it!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members