New Morrisons rocket fuel anybody???

CupraCool

it's a mix of 85 per cent bioethanol and 15 per cent petrol
jenk said:
Dosnt something have to be done to the engine to allow it to run on this stuff?
I would think so. Tesco 99 is only 5% ethanol. I remember reading the fuel test in evo recently and they said that high concentrations of ethanol would erode fuel lines/hoses etc, but that the low 5% in Tesco 99 is fine. Can only assume Mossa's 85% ethanol would be a different matter!

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
Yeah but surely there would of been plenty of tests to make sure there's no risk of damage to road cars... Otherwise Morrisons could see themselves being liable for a few £...

CupraCool

I don't think it's meant as an alternative to petrol for existing cars, but as a cleaner fuel type to encourage manufacturers to make their cars compatible. The Saab in the article is specially prepared. Think LPG - you wouldn't go putting that in your unconverted car!

philcourt

Cool, got a Morrisons woithin 3 miles of me! Sounds like I will be heading that way to get my weekly dose of fuel!

adaml

Jan 7, 2004
Leeds
Visit site
Just to clarify, Bioethanol E85 as discussed is not, at the current time, a direct alternative for petrol. From what I've read, in order to use it a car needs to be specially modified.

Sure a car with a knock sensor and an adaptive ECU should run on it, but it seems ethanol is much more corrosive than petrol, and thus all fuel lines and possibly fuel pump and injectors would need replacing with equivalents that can stand up to the increased "corrosion".

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise