SEAT UK and Letchworth Seat

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Ok two different cars here but similar problems.

My dad has a V reg Alhambra that’s done 60k. Now its only 6 years old but has been suffering from dodgy lights (they keep blowing and coming on with other lights). Now after Letchworth finally took the car in they spent hours trying to find the problem (even tho they were told it was more than likely a wiring issue at the back) After a long wait they were told to leave it so it could be taken else where as they were taken the mick. They then said it was the fact the wiring on the back had fallen apart with age. Now for a 6 year old car that is not acceptable in our eyes but they will not do anything about it! But on a plus side this time they didn’t scratch it or cut the door seals!

My LCR has a water leak problem, so I get on the phone to them ASAP and tell them the issues to get it booked in. Now they say they will call me back to book the car in (I presume so they work out how long they will need it) so I expect a call by the end of the day! Well that was Monday, its now Friday and still no call! Every time I call the person I need to speak to is busy or will ring me back!

Im not a happy bunny really as one of the main reasons I got a seat was they were so good at servicing my dad’s bammer, now they have gone the way of ford and such like!

cupra R con

Normal member
Mar 23, 2004
hell
all i can really say Scotty is both are intermittent faults that you can't find yourself.
why would you expect a timescale (admittedly a week is to long) from the dealer when you have tried yourself for a month to fix it without success?
sometimes things don't go right & its the last thing you try that works, sometimes you get it right first time.
**** happens, are you going to ever praise a dealer for a job well done?
i doubt it, no one ever does, but the same people are very quick to lay blame.
:(

WaveyDaveyGravy

But I'm so tasty
Jan 3, 2006
Shipley
I know this isn't really the point of the thread but my LC was leaking badly in the rear drivers side rear footwell, turns out it was somewhere in the scuttle that got sealed?! It's never where you least expect it... but you are right, they should have got back.

I think you should adopt the principle of if they are doing so well that they don't respond to you then take your business to a dealer where they do help. And if they do bother to get in touch tell them that you are going to another dealer as they couldn't be bothered to get back to you. I have the attitude that if someone is doing a job exceptionally (good or bad) then this needs to be pointed out as people can hopefully learn from it - if a dealer is not aware of poor staff not doing as they promise then they will never do anything about it and vice versa.

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Its funny i got a call at 6.30pm from them to book the car in. Wonder if they read the threads often!

Martin the point is it doesn’t take a week to look in the diary to book the car in! Fair point but i have yet to receive good service from this dealer, if you look back at when I got my car from Hobins you will see I have nothing but praise from them and on the other 4 occasions that I have had with them. Just a shame I cant take the car from then! As soon as i receive good service from letchworth i will post up how good they are, but until then i can only post my experiences, and unfortunately its not my fault they have all been bad

cupra R con

Normal member
Mar 23, 2004
hell
Hmmm, hands up, i read the thread wrong.
i thought your car had been with them for a week (must stop speed reading)
I admit you have not had the best of luck with your car, so frustration must be vented.
but some times relating your problems to your own job & how its not quite as easy as the customer imagines, may make you think about all the negative things that may be aimed at the company you work for & how they must feel about it.
as i said, sometimes sh1t happens :(
catch you soon.

fakey

Bought my latest SEAT from these and wasn't too surprised to find they deliver the same level of customer satisfaction that I'd come to expect from the other 4 dealers I've used over the years. Gave me someone else's spare key when I bought by Ibiza, though in fairness a letter to the DP was all it took to get apologies. Not happy about having to get the fuel tank sender, front susp link bars, outside air temp and rear wiper motor all replaced within the first 2 months of owning it though...

merlincryst

Feb 3, 2004
Cambridge
Visit site
I know this may not help you Scotty_b, but I have had two services from Letchworth on my LCR and have been very happy with the level of service, the use of a courtesy car and the call back a couple of days later to check I was happy with the level of service.

But I must admit, they have just had to do a service, except for replacing the decaying R badges, so they have never had to fault fix for me. Perhaps they are not so good at that.

They have also not damaged my car while it have been in their care.

While I admit their service to you, is poor, I think for a service, they should be considered.

They have also been below their initial quote on both occasions.

I hope you do get all your problems solved soon.

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Heres hopeing, its going in on the 3rd but im really thinking of going some disntances to get my car looked at by people i trust as its alot of dosh!

flashbsd

i've had bad experiencesd with letchworth, exactly the same as scotty had before this current problem, with regards to damage to the cars.

I also saw my car out for a "fast" spin on the local bypass, i was in the courtesy car, followed him back and gave the teccy a grilling! muppet!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members