Mileage out of LCR tyres

merlincryst

Feb 3, 2004
Cambridge
Visit site
Hi All,

It is coming to that time, when I have to consider replacing my first set of LCR tyres. Now I have spent a while reading what peoples' opinions are on a variety of tyres (Goodyear GSD3, Nankang NS-2, Kumho Esta 712, Dunlop SP900 or is it 9000? some other brands as well), but I wanted to compile some simple stats. Namely, the tyres you have used, and the number of miles you got out of them.

While I appreciate this will depend heavily on driving style, remap and such, I wanted to see, if any brands stood out on wear.

I guess I should add that while I am happy with the P-zero's, I am curious to try another brand, and would love a tyre that was quieter.

I will get the boy rolling:

I currently run the P-zero's that the car came with. I have 16k on the clock and have 3mm left on the fronts and 5mm left on the backs. So I am guessing my fronts will give me another ~2k before being illegal.

Thanks for your time,

Joe

Cuprabob

Feb 6, 2006
My LCR came with P-zeros from the factory and to be honest I didn't like them much, especially in the wet and were bald at 12K. I then tried some Conti Sportcontacts which were OK but bald at 10K. I would like add at this point I'm not a hard driver. I then switched over to Goodyear F1 GSD3 and never looked back. Good in all conditions and I get about 20K out a set of fronts. Tyres are such a subjective issue and everyone has there opinions but I can't fault the F1s even on price last 2 cost me £108 each.

I haven't read a bad comment about the F1s so I would give them a go.

Hope it helps

honeyman

Pirates
Oct 20, 2004
Northampton
Currently about 11K for goodyears on the front, they do get a fair bit of stick (although I don't rag it around the corners too much) pirelli's are on the back they have been on since I bought the car, (approx 20K) they need replacing soon. i'm looking to get 4 new goodyears soon. Hope that helps.

Ian

Riddick_m3

Mar 17, 2005
Sudbury, Suffolk
you getting tyres from mytires.co.uk? i need some big time, went to get tax today after waiting for my registration documens to come through the post after changing my plates, looked at the mot and it ran out yesterday! doh, thought no probs ill just go get an mot and when i looked at the tires my front 2 are on the wear bars, so i dont want it to fail on that so need some asap!

tris

The Daddy
Feb 25, 2005
Kent & Track Days
www.leoncupra.net
hancoks done 20k and they are going on the inside so if i turn them i should get 10k more
however i am doing a trackday on the 3rd
so will need them sooner me thinks:lol:

better get the car sorted for sat nite Dave

MattR

Yellow...
Mar 18, 2002
Coventry
Visit site
I replaced the P Zeros on the front with Goodyear GSD3s. Noticeably quieter, but whether that was down to the p zeros being worn I don't know.

I paid £240 for both fitted, balanced and tracking. I thought that was about the limit to pay really.

20vtB0b

Cupra R - No looking back
Mar 25, 2003
Woking
Visit site
1 set of P Zeros (Front 10k, Rear 20k)
1 set of F1s (Front 11k)

I'm now on my 2nd set of F1s and now have them on both front and rear, I expect to get 11k out of the front and at least 20k from the back.

The F1s provide so much more grip, it really does make a huge difference. The only thing I would say is that I find I get more road noise with them than the P Zeros.

Bob

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise