<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
as m0rk says, Ebay tuners buy this kit to make a few quid

having seen hex code offa ECU, its not something i would wish to delve into

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
muddyboots said:
Well being a software engineer, I have a good hex life.
:ban: You don't even deserve your coat for that. You can go freeze out in the cold tonight.

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
muddyboots said:
11111111 - 000000001111111111111111 :)

(or F - 0FF in hex :redface: )

jeeeeeez,,, I'm into that sort of shite every day at the uni being an automation engineering student [yes, not everybody is bald and has glasses in there],,, please, spare me that at least here,,,

yellowperil

May 17, 2005
Going back to the original question, yes the ecu-flasher will read and write files on the edc15 ecu well enough. If you want to read your passat though you will need one of the vag direct ecu leads, most of these cant be read over the OBD port.
As for tuning files DO NOT use anything from the DVD that comes with it, i have seen some of these files, badly tuned and poorly listed, one wrong file could screw your ecu.
If you need files buy them from a tuner made to your spec.
Hope this helps

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
yellowperil said:
Going back to the original question, yes the ecu-flasher will read and write files on the edc15 ecu well enough. If you want to read your passat though you will need one of the vag direct ecu leads, most of these cant be read over the OBD port.
As for tuning files DO NOT use anything from the DVD that comes with it, i have seen some of these files, badly tuned and poorly listed, one wrong file could screw your ecu.
If you need files buy them from a tuner made to your spec.
Hope this helps
Great, thanks for the info.

Are you sure about the Passat ? I was told by another tuner that it could be reprogrammed serially, and from my vagcom logs it appears to have the same ECU as the Ibiza (will check again though).
How would I tell ?

:cheers:

yellowperil

May 17, 2005
Most passat i have seen with the PD engine including both the 100 and 130 tdi models need the ECU removing. You dont open the ECU just connect direct to it on the bench using the correct cable.

The tuning is then done the same, its due to the K line cable not being in place on the Passat OBD port.

The ECU will be the same as in its EDC15P but will be different software and ecu number, for example the ibiza may have been a 0281010891 but the passat could be a 0281010702 for example.

Hope this helps

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
OK thanks for the info, thats a pain.

Have you ever seen any Passats that DO have the K line connected ?

yellowperil

May 17, 2005
I tried a couple of passat and they would not read over the OBD so now i just pull the ecu out, its only a 10 - 15 minute job max.

Chiron

tempted

I think I might buy one of these things and find out how good it is. I've worked in the automotive industry on diesel engine managment and have acquired a software manual for the bosch EDC15 and later EDC16 ecu's (all 3000 pages of them) together with a shed load of calibration files (maps) for a variety of vehicles that aren't even in production yet. This should help me to work out what the maps are that they supply. It also helps that I used to live with a pair of engine calibration guys who should be able to point me in the right direction.

I will report back on any findings I have. ( after next payday)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.