Vagcom help needed asap

BlueR

Jan 17, 2005
Hey, I am having yet more problems with my car.

It is now misfiring, suspect it to be the coil packs as one went down when it was mapped last week. This was replaced (still original ones) but the other 3 are on back order and think one of the others have gone.

Symptoms are the car stutters when cruising and apply the throttle gentle, then it will clear up and you can't notice, and then it will be obvious it is only running on 3 cylinders and run like a sack of **** backfiring and pooping.
I've only driven about 2 miles like this as happened last night on the way home. I did conicidentally accidentally drive through a big puddle so could well have got something wet which has caused it [:@]

Anyway, i ordered the interface cable over a year ago and have a laptop but never used it. Where can i download the appropriate software from and is it easy to use so i can try and diagnose it and get it fixed before i go back to Jabba to have other things done.

Thanks

Jonzy

After having the revo trial for a weekend, I suffered the same symptoms. Turned out that the old plugs in the car were on thier last legs, the revo trial just finished them off. Its a 5 min check that wont cost anything.

BlueR

Jan 17, 2005
Cars got new plugs so won't be that i hope.

Am sat in my car now downloaded the vagcom program but it wont connect.

I have a serial port vagcom lead then using a serial - USB converter plugged into my usb in my car.

Im not sure which version to download. one i used wouldnt connect, ive downloaded another and when i do the test on com3 it says its connected and runs fine, but then when i run the autoscan it says it fails :censored:

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Make sure you havent got any conflictions on the com ports in the device manager.

I set my Vag com to port 1 and disabled whatever was set to that, a printer i think. Then it worked.

BlueR

Jan 17, 2005
I've got it working on autoscan now, but i do the whole scan and there are no results in the box or anything, just blank :confused:
It just has the chassis type selected and end at the bottom and nothing else written??

Last edited:

BlueR

Jan 17, 2005
hmmm rang Jabba and they said just to check the engine section instead of autoscan and then to look at fault codes but when i go in there its saying no response from controller, but in the test section it says its all connected fine

arrrggghhhh i'm so pissed off :censored: :censored:

All i wanna do is find out what's wrong so i can order a new one

anyone near the Sutton Coldfield area who has vagcom and fancies popping round tomorrow :whistle:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
BlueR said:
Hey, I am having yet more problems with my car.

It is now misfiring, suspect it to be the coil packs as one went down when it was mapped last week. This was replaced (still original ones) but the other 3 are on back order and think one of the others have gone.

Symptoms are the car stutters when cruising and apply the throttle gentle, then it will clear up and you can't notice, and then it will be obvious it is only running on 3 cylinders and run like a sack of **** backfiring and pooping.
I've only driven about 2 miles like this as happened last night on the way home. I did conicidentally accidentally drive through a big puddle so could well have got something wet which has caused it [:@]

Anyway, i ordered the interface cable over a year ago and have a laptop but never used it. Where can i download the appropriate software from and is it easy to use so i can try and diagnose it and get it fixed before i go back to Jabba to have other things done.

Thanks

Want to drop by again? I think I still have the results from last time somewhere

BlueR

Jan 17, 2005
That's very kind of you but your almost an hour drive from me and i don't think the car will get that far [:@]

If it goes into running on 2/3 cylinders then i won't make it.

All i need to know is whats wrong then i can fix it [:@] [:@] [:@]

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
I'm sitting on bluer's drive at the mo and the logs as follows:

Sunday,26,March,2006,12:17:39

VAG-COM Version: Release 512.1-UD

Chassis Type: 6K - Seat Ibiza/Cordoba

Scan: 01 02 03 08 15 17 45 56

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Address 01: Engine

Part No: 8N0 906 018

Component: 1.8L R4/5VT 0004

Coding: 05610

Shop #: WSC 00000

3 Faults Found:

17524 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Heating; B1 S1: Open Circuit

P1116 - 35-00 - -

16518 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: No Activity

P0134 - 35-00 - -

17743 - Engine Torque Monitor 2: Control Limit Exceeded

P1335 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

Readiness: 0000 0000

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lambda sensor is disconnected before anyone asks.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Check the connections on your tip, i think i had the first fault code when my jubilee round the DV was loose.

As for the other one it looks like your lambda sensor is stuffed.

But check connections on the tip first, clear the codes then see what it drives like then re scan it to see if its appeared again.

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
I put the lambda sensor ones down to jabbasport disconnecting it.

This is the one i dont understand:

17743 - Engine Torque Monitor 2: Control Limit Exceeded

P1335 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

Readiness: 0000 0000

-------------------

Runs rough when driving so we thought coilpacks. Wouldn't duff ones throw a fault code if there on there way out?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
why would jabbasport disconnect it?

but the fault is the same as when I fault code checked it last year... I'll dig it out later

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members