82000 miles on 2003 Leon Cupra !??

Rossifumi

Hi.... after some general thoughts and opinions really. . .

Just done a deal privately on a silver 2003 Cupra with 82000 miles on the clock - should I be concerned at this mileage??

Its ex company owned, and the 82K is mainly motorway miles I guess, 54yr old salesman.....

We shook on £7200 - seems reasonable.....?? :shrug:

~ Fully documented and I've checked out the history with warranty works - alls fine
~ Full Leather
~ REVO'd
~ Supersprint
~ PI springs
~ Immac inside and out
~ New air-con unit

This is my 2nd Cupra. Bought 1st new in May 03, Simon at Mega4 sorted the Revo for me :p ....reluctantly sold when when bought my flat. Now I need the turbine power back - need it, but the funds are tight!! £7200 - doesnt seem so bad, does it? Pre face lifts with 50K are still £8000 private. . . .

Do I sound like I need reassurance???

Cheers

Rossifumi

New member this afternoon - Sorting signature tonight when bossman isnt about to ask why I'm not working! [:@]

Spanky

Banana Virgin..
Feb 5, 2005
Preston, Lancashire
Maybe this question should have been asked before doing the deal ;)

Nah, just like anything, it depends on how its been looked after and how many miles you're going to do in it, it sounds like its been looked after, being a company motor, VAG parts will have been used, serviced regular, so it should be fine. Price isn't too bad, alot of car for your money.

Edit: Welcome by the way !!

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Rossifumi said:

Just done a deal privately on a silver 2003 Cupra with 82000 miles on the clock - should I be concerned at this mileage??

Its ex company owned, and the 82K is mainly motorway miles I guess, 54yr old salesman.....

~ Fully documented and I've checked out the history with warranty works - alls fine
~ Full Leather
~ REVO'd
~ Supersprint
~ PI springs
~ Immac inside and out
~ New air-con unit

This is my 2nd Cupra. Bought 1st new in May 03, Simon at Mega4 sorted the Revo for me :p ....reluctantly sold when when bought my flat. Now I need the turbine power back - need it, but the funds are tight!! £7200 - doesnt seem so bad, does it? Pre face lifts with 50K are still £8000 private. . . .

Cheers

Rossifumi

New member this afternoon - Sorting signature tonight when bossman isnt about to ask why I'm not working! [:@]

Sounds like a decent motor, but doesnt it seem strange that a 52 year gentleman with a company car has had it revo'd, lowered and a sports exhaust

Rossifumi

Cheers.

Havent parted with the money just yet :)). Collecting over weekend.....eBay jib y'see!! eek....

Seems almost too good to be true and I've been checking everything on it, service history, warranty, hpi, even Torque BHP etc. Guy I'm buying off only had this 2-3 months, he got it off a contact who buys up ex company vehicles.... He got it for good price as needed MoT and air con unit... He got this done and spent loads of dosh on it, now selling cos his missus expecting 2nd child. Said he needs estate car..... Yes alarm bells ring, but really, this guy really does seem straight up!!

Sometimes you have to bite the bullet dont you.

Cheers guys

adaml

Jan 7, 2004
Leeds
Visit site
Empi5 said:
Sounds like a decent motor, but doesnt it seem strange that a 52 year gentleman with a company car has had it revo'd, lowered and a sports exhaust

:confused: It's not the exclusive preserve of boy racers you know. Crinklies can be into cars too. ;)

Rossifumi

LOL!! haha, shut me up didnt it!! Hey, should I be worried though....my dads 60, and I've seen the way he spanks his accord about...

Nice one!

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
adaml said:
:confused: It's not the exclusive preserve of boy racers you know. Crinklies can be into cars too. ;)

LoL i did think of that actually, but i was thinking more along the lines of company car etc........ Maybe its the bosses sons motor ?

PABLO ESCABAR

formally CUPRASMIFF
Jun 26, 2005
staffordshire
Empi5 said:
sounds like your sellin your car old fella:lol: :lol: :lol: sure it aint you,your about 52 aint ya:cartman: :cartman:

PABLO ESCABAR

formally CUPRASMIFF
Jun 26, 2005
staffordshire
Rossifumi said:
LOL!! haha, shut me up didnt it!! Hey, should I be worried though....my dads 60, and I've seen the way he spanks his accord about...

Nice one!
not like the infamous empi5 slow and steady dont want to pop me hip out of place on a corner;)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Spanky said:
Maybe this question should have been asked before doing the deal ;)

I know ones with less than half those miles have gone for a couple of hundred more (sub 8k) with revo.

if you can take some time you'll find the one. maybe this is the one though?

Rossifumi

I see it as long as these motors are looked after, with full service history back up and that they aren't spanked from cold, and turbos are are allowed to cool sufficiently, they should be a ok!? I know 18T Golfs that have 120K on the clock with original turbos, and theyre still going strong.

Oh well, guess I'll be finding out tonight,.... wish me luck!? Me Bimmers gonna have to go...or maybe I should hold on to it just until I make sure this LC's a good'un!

Either way, £7K for a nice LC aint too bad. Is it? Dammit. Paranoia sets in again......

eBay - good or bad?! What if I get up there tonight and the turbos k-uffed?? what if the bottom ends about to find its way through onto the tarmac in cloud of blue smoke.....

Thanks everyone for your responses I'll keep you posted!!!

rockfodder21

I bought my Cupra 2 years ago with over 110,00 mls on the clock, one previous company car owner, never lets me down and only minor routine maintenance spent on it since. still goes like a rocket...Dont let the mileage put you off!!!

Chewbacca

Jun 28, 2005
Birmingham
Rossifumi said:

~ Full Leather
~ REVO'd
~ Supersprint
~ PI springs
~ Immac inside and out
~ New air-con unit

Cheers

Rossifumi

should be fine , i have done 85k & it aint 2 years old yet, no probs apart from engine light on & off

mister.c.

mister.c.
Jul 5, 2004
I wouldnt worry about the mileage on its own - i had mine as a company car and had done 70,000 miles which really is nothing for car's these days. I was happy with the all round package of the car and as a result i bought it for my mrs when the 3 year lease ended. If everything else stacks up with the version you've seen then dont let it put you off.

Rossifumi

Got it! and I'm well pleased! Its immaculate, with the only small thing to fix being fueling quirk which I hope can be fixed easily enough....

Cheers for all your help !!

PiperUK

Just bought my 1st Leon Cupra - Y plate with 132,000 on the clock. 82k is nice and low! Runs fine apart from a couple of niggles: the infamous 'stutter' (going to get the MAF sorted) and brake judder.

Still pulls well, all electrics work. Pleased as punch!:funk:

peter.d.west

My Leon Cupra had 60k and driven with ease & with FSH before the engine blow.

Seat UK not prepared to address engine problem

SiGainey

You keep on saying "the engine blow" - can you expand on this? Did you run it dry of oil, install a bleed valve, add diesel to the tank??? Plenty of reacons for it to go wrong with FSH etc... WHat happened fella?