For Fast Eddie from Angelwings....The Megane

rst_cupra_r

jamie from essex
Jul 23, 2005
Braintree, Essex
angelwings said:
That's good of you, don't have techie knowledge to do this. Been offered 14k by a stealer against a new LCR!!! That would be a loss of 2 grand!!!
They have one in local garage, grey, may have a look. If you were a good friend you would tell him not to bother!!

lol ive told him bout them but he has a 182clio so he'll love th megane

angelwings

Nov 19, 2003
Scotland
Visit site
Fast_Eddie said:
Im quite suprised after reading Autocars new group test supplement that the 225 Cup (albeit an F1--same mech spec though) came out quite high up and recieved some praise from some of the testers?

Ok the focus ST came third with the cayman and the exige:whistle: but the Renault didnt do too badly to be there in the first place?

Could there be something amiss with yours or is it really that bad?
Have been on renault sport and got some tips about revs and changing gear at 5.5. Bit better. That bad? I am depressed it's that bad. Just doesn't move the same. You know how in traffic you can just feel the power under the bonnet of an LCR trying to get out, well there is no sense of power in the megane. It's a shopping trolley most of the time!!
May be resigned to waiting for a new one in Jan. Have phoned a number of dealers and the black LCRs are very much in demand . If any one out there has one to sell bargain hard.

Fast_Eddie

BMW 1series M please!
May 16, 2004
Bradford West Yorkshire
5500 change up!!---once it is run in I would defo be changing up a lot higher up than that--maybe it needs more revs than the LCR to get going. If im having a play, I change up just short of the limiter in mine. I know its not where maximum torque is but it feels quicker to me that way. My 309 Peugeot has a 16v (non turbo) in it and that likes its revs more than the LCR so perhaps you should give it a try??

Feb 8, 2004
uk
Visit site
to be honest you need to give until at least 3-4k and let the engine bed in, plus get it remapped and im sure you feel different.

angelwings

Nov 19, 2003
Scotland
Visit site
Thanks all for words of comfort. The boys at renault sport don't seem to quite have the spark. One actually more or less told me to go back to my Seat!!!
Anyway, will be back in 07 with new Cupra R.....watch this space.

rst_cupra_r

jamie from essex
Jul 23, 2005
Braintree, Essex
wat model spec is ur megane 225 i quite like th lil beast lol even though i dont like big arsed birds te big arsed car looks ok, looked on autotrader an there is a meganne trophy in the nice blue with the 18" anthericite alloys an all options 55plate and 4k £13700 bit cheap aint it

angelwings

Nov 19, 2003
Scotland
Visit site
rst_cupra_r said:
wat model spec is ur megane 225 i quite like th lil beast lol even though i dont like big arsed birds te big arsed car looks ok, looked on autotrader an there is a meganne trophy in the nice blue with the 18" anthericite alloys an all options 55plate and 4k £13700 bit cheap aint it
Depends how you look at it lol! Mine is the 225 Cup. Not the 225 with Cup pack! Has better suspension, can switch off traction control, dunlop max sport tyres, twin exhausts, 16v 2.0, etc etc. Black, reg Dec 05. Had 1600 on the clock. Free servicing while I own it. Yes 14k is really the price you should be able to get any of the 225 s for new. Possibly not with a trade in though. Arnold Fart offerred me 8.5 k on my 53 plate 28th black LCR against a new LCR at 16th. Reg Vardy has given me 10.3 for it against the Megane which was priced as 17k!!!!!!. I gave them my car and 5.5k, so eaksy peaksy?? AC would not budge an inch.
Rushed in where "angels "feared to tread!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.