APR or REVO

• APR

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • REVO

Votes: 13 76.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xyber

Thinking of either APR or Revo as they have good reps and are switchable, im leaning towards APR at the moment coz of the cruise control stalk switching, any 1st hand experience would be much appreciated. Thanx all:funk:

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
having a poll on who is better is a waste of time matey, noone here bar the odd wierdo has actually had both on their car so this vote will turn into a popularity poll rather than recommendation poll.
Ive got revo tho! :D

ell0070

Feb 28, 2006
Jersey, Channel Islands
I live in Jersey, and as far as I know we don`t have an APR man over here, so I got REVO. Saying that, I am very happy with it-really increases the torque and makes the car great fun to drive!!

xyber

Yes, but with the cost of this sort of tuning, people are going to have done a bit of digging around and research i would have thought before laying out several hundred squid. Also maybe say two mates on here, same car, same mods, but different ecu tune would be able to make a decent comparison if say, his mate caned him with APR when he has REVO?

Copra

Used To Be "mk4polo"
Feb 7, 2003
Hampshire
Visit site
i've had revo before on my ibiza 20vt. i then did lots of mods (ko3s etc) and got jabba remap. Im never going to use anyone but jabba to map mine again. So to really help you....neither ;) :p But out of the two, id say APR[B)]

adaml

Jan 7, 2004
Leeds
Visit site
xyber said:
Also maybe say two mates on here [...]
would be able to make a decent comparison if say, his mate caned him with APR when he has REVO?

Is that reason enough to choose one over the other? Plenty of other considerations. At the end of the day, it's your money not your mate's so pick the one that's right for you. In fact, hardware being equal, most remaps will return pretty near the same power figs so "caning" won't be on the cards.

I'm not biased myself, but Custom Code Phase 1 rocks :D

xyber

That was basically the whole point of the question, as all manufacturers claim their product to be the best, you have to get 1st hand opinions before splashing out your cash. With so many variables involved obviously your not 100% gonna get the same effect with a paticular piece of kit every time, so what I was hoping for was maybe a majority of people using one or the other as like most things in the tuning world, reputation and word of mouth go a long way in decideding which product to use/shell out for

As they probably are very similar in all aspects, if one of them did give better gains than the other, to the point where you could give a similar car a caning, I know which one id go for every time!

xyber

After much thinking and research ive gone overboard and have decided on a Revo stage 3 tune, with turbo upgrade!!! yay

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise