Leon FT TDI 150 Standard Power

ronnie939

I agree with the other people that doubt this, I have the same car, and stardard it was 151bhp then it was revo'd and its now 185bhp.

I wonder if you bought one that was chipped from the dealer?... 2 mates of mine with the FD TDI did have theres chipped from new so i wonder if yours has been and you dont know it.

ronnie939 said:
I agree with the other people that doubt this, I have the same car, and stardard it was 151bhp then it was revo'd and its now 185bhp.

I wonder if you bought one that was chipped from the dealer?... 2 mates of mine with the FD TDI did have theres chipped from new so i wonder if yours has been and you dont know it.

Unless the dealer chipped it with only 9 miles on the clock i doubt it!! and i saw the car with all the wrapping still on it (you know all the transit plastic and seat covers etc)when it arrived at the dealers, but the torque is spot on within a few of the dealers quoted figures.

I do mainly motorway miles and the car never has short runs, I spoke to the dealer about the figures and he said thats normal, the figures quoted by seat are estimate!!!??? The service guy at seat said the fact that i do all the motorway miles will stop the turbo and valves sooting up so flow should be good. I told him what fuel i'd used and he said keep using it it good stuff.

One the fuel note

I used to run it on Shell Diesel, but found out that the diesel extra was low sulphur which smokes a lot, so i switched to normal BP, that cut the smoke out, then went to Diesel Ultimate and that was when i felt a bit more, the car pulled so much better.

At the end of the day im happy, the rollers could be out, but like i said, 24 other cars ran, and there results were as expected, i dont see how mine could be 30bhp out with all those other cars running the same rollers on the same day. My car was at still hot from the drive there, and it was first on.

At the end of the day i dont really care, the fact was i wanted to see what it was pulling as standard, One thing is do know.. I wont be chipping it for a LONG time. Im not messing with them figures!

Last edited:

ronnie939

Well Nigel if you ever fancy compairing the cars side by side, I am up northampton way most weekends.

It would be intresting to see them on the road. Like yours in the first year mine has covered 18k miles up and down the M25/m1...

As for the fuel, personally I think its all bull about supermarkets and shell / esso etc, as the car never really changes at all on the fuel side.

However it does have "good" and "Bad" days, which is very strange.

ronnie939 said:
Well Nigel if you ever fancy compairing the cars side by side, I am up northampton way most weekends.

It would be intresting to see them on the road. Like yours in the first year mine has covered 18k miles up and down the M25/m1...

As for the fuel, personally I think its all bull about supermarkets and shell / esso etc, as the car never really changes at all on the fuel side.

However it does have "good" and "Bad" days, which is very strange.

sure why the hell not,

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise