Lcr To Ibiza Cupra Tdi Revo

redcupratdi

Offical SCN Pole Dancer
Oct 13, 2005
cambridge
st. ives roads are good! where are you from?

okay please tell me what you could do to get 300bhp from a 1.9tdi? and cost involved, cos i am thinking it is still impossible! not looking for a agruement or nought cos you are nice guys just from a tuning point of view!

i found a way of getting 255 bhp but would cost like 6000 to do!

mods just a remapp gonna get new exhuast and green filter and suspension but thats about it should get 210 from near standard set up!

the car is great out the box with remapp awesome fun, its a v good car!

Last edited:

DIESELDAVE

Feb 2, 2005
im from Oldham northwest but been on holiday loads as a kid and remember i always used to egg my dad on down the country lanes ha .

Is your remap a revo one..what mpgs you getting and is your clutch able to handle all that torgue ?

LCR mat

LCR Eater
Apr 4, 2004
merthyr Tydfil
Ant FR said:
did a couple of times mate, plus my mates is remapped. Power to weight the Ibiza wins too, and the advantage of the 5 speed always showed as less gear changes needed.:p

I came dead even against a remapped Ibiza untill 120 then slowly pulled away(started at 20-30mph side by side) every gear change would see one pull a couple of feet then fall back as they had to change.
And yes that was as standard.

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
Ant FR said:
did a couple of times mate, plus my mates is remapped. Power to weight the Ibiza wins too, and the advantage of the 5 speed always showed as less gear changes needed.:p
Well the times and terminals at Pod say otherwise mate... I'd imagine the ones you've had blasts with before weren't being driven to well...
All down to driver.. Hate it when people say "anyone can drive in a straight line".. That's arse!! A good driver will pull lengths on a crap driver.. FACT. For example.. At Pod the other week, I was a full second quicker down the strip and about 5mph quicker, than a Revo STAGE 2 LCR. And mine's just stage one.. I rest my case... :)

Type R Beater

Spanky said:
I can tell you, the 'feeling' of torque can give a false impression of how quick something is, i.e. a chipped vRS, my mate has one, and I can beat him with relative ease, in any situation.

If were talking the 160bhp TDi Ibiza Cupra, out the box this wont be too far behind a LCR I would have thought and a REVO should bring it to within spitting distance.

I had a ibiza cupra tdi remapped to 210 hp and it pulled lenghts on civic type r's.I have a lcr now and reckon it would be close,now remapped to 270 with induction kit,forge 007 rc dv and full miltek exhaust system,bye bye scoobies haha

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
Fiddle with a LCR or Type R, and you need to spend mucho money on the Cupra TDI to even keep them in sight. But as standard they are both close to the Ibiza... maybe they back off when the cloud of soot comes out? :shrug:

Plus after a while you will need a new clutch if you like to use the torque.

Feb 8, 2004
uk
Visit site
Here we go again..
TDis feel quicker and are for a short space of time unless the petrol car is sitting in the right gear/revs due to low down instant torque.

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
225 said:
Here we go again..
TDis feel quicker and are for a short space of time unless the petrol car is sitting in the right gear/revs due to low down instant torque.

True, but I think people are going on about a remapped ibiza cupra TDI. Compared to LCR's. Which only from about a ton plus would be quicker imho.

At Brands Hatch I was driving on or thorugh the Redline (i still drive it like a petrol at times :redface:) , but I was quicker than STANDARD LCR's.

So as an opinion as to whether it would feel slower coming from a LCR to a remapped Ibiza TDI, I would say no. It'd feel quicker and probably would be quicker.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
LCR mat said:
I came dead even against a remapped Ibiza untill 120 then slowly pulled away(started at 20-30mph side by side) every gear change would see one pull a couple of feet then fall back as they had to change.
And yes that was as standard.

talking about my 1.8T

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
LCR mat said:
this was a 1.8t. more like 210 than 230 bhp though on the ibiza

no mine was 230 mate, it was more than just a remap if you ever read my spec.

2 rolling roads from different sources can't be wrong can they. had it done at PTS and AMD, one was 229.3 second was 232 at PTS

Type R Beater

Ben CTR said:
If the TDI pulled lengths on CTR's mate.. It would be doing the same to LCR's too.. Even more to be honest..

Maybe he cudnt drive at all,thats quite common round these parts.stuck up a focus rs' ass as well though.have raced ctr's in my standard lcr and have always pulled away ever so slightly

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
As you say mate, there are far to many people out there who are unable to drive properly (Especially in CTR's).. In standard form, my CTR was slightly quicker than my LCR (more noticably once over a ton).. Had both at the same time and tested them in alsorts of situations..

Type R Beater

Ben CTR said:
As you say mate, there are far to many people out there who are unable to drive properly (Especially in CTR's).. In standard form, my CTR was slightly quicker than my LCR (more noticably once over a ton).. Had both at the same time and tested them in alsorts of situations..

Yeah takes a good pilot on the twistys in a ctr 2 keep up with a lcr.needs 2 b on the boil all the time.both at the same time,ur doin alrite 4 urself!!lol.was out last nite and got challenged 2 a race with a standard mrk 3 vr6 golf,how u think the cupra r remapped will fair out??

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
A remapped LCR v's a standard VR6 Golf.. Er... No contest mate really... The Golf will be going home with it's exhaust pipe in between it's tyres and a very sore ass, after getting ripped a new one..

Type R Beater

Ben CTR said:
A remapped LCR v's a standard VR6 Golf.. Er... No contest mate really... The Golf will be going home with it's exhaust pipe in between it's tyres and a very sore ass, after getting ripped a new one..

lol,this biy is a bit of a root so will enjoy that 1 cheers,lol.while we are on the topic of tankin golfs how do ya think i wud fair against an r32,i know on the wet he will have a good head start with the 4wd!!

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
Would be close.. They see to struggle a bit as the speeds get higher with the 4wd drag. Has a few blasts with them in my CTR and ended crawling past once on the move.. Heavy boats..

Type R Beater

Ben CTR said:
Would be close.. They see to struggle a bit as the speeds get higher with the 4wd drag. Has a few blasts with them in my CTR and ended crawling past once on the move.. Heavy boats..

yeah they are a ton and a half or somethin arent they??u r goin well what have u on that yoke??induction kit,spoon manifold??

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.