True TDi MPG

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
over the last 3 fill ups,

3 X £39 @93.9p/l

I've averaged 48.9mpg and when this tanks finished i will have done 1400 miles, so around 450 miles of £40

iamkloot

on my first tank full after buying the car i got 365 miles till the warning light came on, and obviously as it was new to me i was booting it at will!!

Triple D

Um not sure at what my average mpg is, its still good if driving nice and slowly on the motorways or around town, but when im giving it some, it drinks it. I can average between 18 -25 mpg whilst blasting it and 40-50 mpg whilst not.

cupa4sale

im lookin to get the TDI cupra 35 - 40mpg sounds like an average reading the posts, better than 26 - 30 in the mk3 20vt...

Diablo559

Diablo
Mar 1, 2005
N.Ireland
my trip computer usually tells me i have 380 on fill up
but i have honestly never saw 300 out of a tank :confused:
the car has 13000 plus miles so maybe need to put some
miles on it its a cupra tdi not remapped yet but hope to this
week you all make mine sound like there is something
wrong with it:blink:

Triple D

Diablo559 said:
my trip computer usually tells me i have 380 on fill up
but i have honestly never saw 300 out of a tank :confused:
the car has 13000 plus miles so maybe need to put some
miles on it its a cupra tdi not remapped yet but hope to this
week you all make mine sound like there is something
wrong with it:blink:
Nah, since i have had my hybrid turbo fitted, on fill up, i only have 320 miles in the tank:cry:

Diablo559

Diablo
Mar 1, 2005
N.Ireland
:lol: have you raced any vxr astras you would totally wip it . need to get another set of front tyres this will be my 3rd set of front tyres and maybe a set for the back the inside of the tyres are gettin worn more . whats yours like now with all that torque think i should get mine rollin roaded to see what it is standard:happy:

Triple D

Diablo559 said:
:lol: have you raced any vxr astras you would totally wip it . need to get another set of front tyres this will be my 3rd set of front tyres and maybe a set for the back the inside of the tyres are gettin worn more . whats yours like now with all that torque think i should get mine rollin roaded to see what it is standard:happy:
Well have had to swap them over after only 3k, but i think the past 1k of giving it a real pasting have done most of the damage. The rears are now on the front, and already they are srubbing the side walls, and the rubber is coming off in chunks from flying into roundabouts at about 60 mph, and just understeering and wheelspinning when they are tight ones. But its only wearing the backs down a fraction, as most of the time only 3 wheels are on the floor. ;)

Diablo559

Diablo
Mar 1, 2005
N.Ireland
what tyres you using think i might go a different brand instead of pirella p zero nero dont think they wear well
and Mr richie when i had a 1.2 cortasy car i had it at a ton would do more but the road was going towards the dealers :lol: :whistle: i loved the noise of the 1.2 it was roarty:lol:

Triple D

Diablo559 said:
what tyres you using think i might go a different brand instead of pirella p zero nero dont think they wear well
and Mr richie when i had a 1.2 cortasy car i had it at a ton would do more but the road was going towards the dealers :lol: :whistle: i loved the noise of the 1.2 it was roarty:lol:
Toyo Proxies T1-S, they are pretty soft, and in the wet will wheelspin all the time, think im gona try something else next time, maybe Yokohama Pradas. Oh and get 215/40/17's next time rather than 205's.Yep, the 1.2 do sound nice, but how slow? i think i could have got to work quicker on my pushbike rather than that.

Georgie

WADDA YA WANT.. EH?!
Nov 27, 2005
FLEET
before revo i would get 450-500 miles to a tank which costs £45 to fill up.

atm (as i would imagine i am still severly enjoying it and has not work off yet) i am getting around 400-450 to a tank.

but with that i would imagine that my mpg has been crap of late as my speeds have been somewhat undiscloseable.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Askara said:
before revo i would get 450-500 miles to a tank which costs £45 to fill up.

atm (as i would imagine i am still severly enjoying it and has not work off yet) i am getting around 400-450 to a tank.

but with that i would imagine that my mpg has been crap of late as my speeds have been somewhat undiscloseable.

nice avatar :whistle:

grq

Giggity
Jun 9, 2005
I get around 450 to a tank, whether it's driving like a granny all the time or booting it

fakey

Squeezed 55.7mpg out of a whole tank in the last fortnight. OK so most of the time I've been driving like a right Mavis, short-shifting and barely going over 2000rpm, but got me 568 miles on a vented tank, going right down into the red line. Could almost hear the fuel pump screaming as I pulled up at BP, fed it some Ultimate and have since reminded myself where max torque (and the traction control) kicks in. Probably only on for 350 miles this tank! Marvellous.

Wassy

Eat my soot!
May 20, 2004
Coagh, N.Ireland
the last couple of weeks i've been getting around 600miles to a tank, having to drive this way cause of doing 600miles a week just for work. Considering its remapped as well, though i've been having to drive with an imaginary brick under the fun pedal. Yesterday though is the first time i've went wot in weeks, and the amount of soot it produced would shame a screwed dturbo!

Shash

Feb 16, 2006
Drove from Suffolk to Norwich through a lot of 30/40 zones and according to trip computer 63mpg! didn't cane it much though! :)

Triple D

Drving from Rugby to the meet today in Cobham, i averaged 52.6 mpg. ;)

turkish

Mar 14, 2003
Kent
Visit site
Two weeks ago, Managed to get 396 miles from 38 Litres of Diesel. This equates to 47.3 MPG over the week. Had to try my best not to ever use the right foot, which was impossible. I would say half the miles were at 70-80 MPH on motorway journeys then the other half average A-road speeds.

Last week, Decided to drive as I fancied and managed 328 miles to 34 litres of fuel, this equates to 43.5 MPG. Same journeys, just no speed restrictions.

Happy with anything over 40 MPG, as all my past petrol turbo cars with the same power, but much less torque have all struggled to give me more then 28 MPG.

So overall I must be driving with a slight lead foot, but good to know if required I could get well over 400 to a tank.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise