312 Brake conversion - master cylinder?

mr. Hedgehog

Has gone to the Darkside
Nov 1, 2004
Malvern
I have recently put Golfturbo's 312mm brake conversion onto my FVRS. I am pleased that my car now stops, however, it still doesn't stop as well as my cupra - which has exactly the same 312mm cal/cal carrier setup.

The differences are:
VRS - OEM Pagid Pads, Zimmerman crossdrilled disks
Leon Cupra - Brembo disks, Ferodo Pads

The VRS being lighter I was hoping it would stop better than the cupra?

I was wondering - does the difference lie in the rest of the braking setup - servo, master cylinder?

With a Hybrid turbo conversion in the wings i was wondering if anyone knows whether i can improve stopping power further by replacing any other componants? I was cosidering braded hoses too?

The pedal feel is very different in the cars, and before the VRS had the conversion the brakes had pretty much three settings - off, waiting to work or full on nose dive ABS flashing. It is more progressive now - but again, not as good as the leon.

Anyone have any suggestions?

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
is the fabia that much lighter?
try uprated pads and fluid,it'll brake quicker/longer,how old is the current fluid?and have you been abusing it(the fluid)?

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
just read your thread on briskoda reece. didn't realise theres a difference in servo braking on petrol/deisel

mr. Hedgehog

Has gone to the Darkside
Nov 1, 2004
Malvern
jason said:
just read your thread on briskoda reece. didn't realise theres a difference in servo braking on petrol/deisel

i didn't either. Anyone know of any other options aside pads and fluid for improving braking? Some people mumble about braded hoses which counteract expansion under heavier braking - anyone got any experience with these?

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
mr. Hedgehog said:
i didn't either. Anyone know of any other options aside pads and fluid for improving braking? Some people mumble about braded hoses which counteract expansion under heavier braking - anyone got any experience with these?
i had goodridge hoses on my last two cars reece,they do give beter pedal feel.and the fact that one of my cordoba ones had a bloody bulge in it.:censored: