Just bought LCR tyres off ebay

merlincryst

Feb 3, 2004
Cambridge
Visit site
Hi All,

I thought I would give this guy some free PR.

I just bought 4 Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 225/40/18 ZR 92Y tyres of this guy for £375 including delivery.:funk:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/225-40-18-Mic...oryZ9891QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Tyres arrived today and are exactly as described and sooo much cheaper than anywhere around the Cambridge area. Best online price I found was £134 per tyre + fitting.

If you need some and like PS2s give him a go, you will not be disappointed!

Cheers,

Joe

Deleted member 7729

Yup I used him too for 4 x Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 225/45/17 £325 delivered (my ebay ID = mikeyscott2002)

Had them fitted this morning for £30 :)

merlincryst

Feb 3, 2004
Cambridge
Visit site
MikeyS said:
Yup I used him too for 4 x Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 225/45/17 £325 delivered (my ebay ID = mikeyscott2002)

Had them fitted this morning for £30 :)

All 4 fiited for £30???

My place in Ely is willing to do them for £15 each wheel, which was the best I could find. I'm still very nervous about them damaging my alloys....

Knigh

Jul 9, 2005
W Sussex
Guys let us know what you think of the PS2's - mine came with P6000 and have not been overly impressed.

FriarFR

Jul 3, 2005
Hampshire
I just got 2 Eagle F1 GSD3's, 225/45/R17 for my FR, balanced, fitted, etc for £186.

From good old Bracknell Tyre & Battery.

Question is, will they last longer than the Pirelli P6000s?

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
Wouldn't expect the F1's to last as long as the Pirelli's, but they are a much better tyre.

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
Reg said:
Wouldn't expect the F1's to last as long as the Pirelli's

Not what I found - the centres of the tread on the Pirellis were bald after less than 4000 miles on my LCR and the fronts lasted a total of 8000 miles, IIRC. Always inflated to the correct pressure, BTW.

The Goodyears wore down consistently across their width, were much less scary when part-worn and lasted a good 12000 miles on the front, even after the car was remapped.

My new car also came with PZero Rossos and it's the same story - the fronts look shocking after 6000 miles so I'm already looking around for replacements. Not as easy as you'd think when the only other common application for 215/45/18 tyres seems to be on the front end of certain Ferraris :cry:

bushybeaver

V Power Love Machine
May 14, 2005
Mid Devon
I need to replace my front tryes on my lcr after 9,000 p zeros, backs are fine plenty of tread, want to get a couple eagle F1 everyone bangs on about but see no point changing the backs, you think mixing them up will be okay ?
Pzeros on back and F1's on the front.

bushybeaver said:
I need to replace my front tryes on my lcr after 9,000 p zeros, backs are fine plenty of tread, want to get a couple eagle F1 everyone bangs on about but see no point changing the backs, you think mixing them up will be okay ?
Pzeros on back and F1's on the front.

Wrong way round - you should put the new tyres on the back.

Also used the e-Bay seller for some Michelin PS2's - excellent, tyres arrived in 2 days and exactly as advertised.

IMO PS2's are a better tyre compared to GSD3's. Wet weather performance is pretty similar and dry weather performance better. Only downside (due to the tread pattern on the outer edge of the tyre) is aquaplaning if the car finds standing water when pressing on in a corner.

Deleted member 7729

Quite a few of us using him then. Yup he was fantastic for delivery too, i got them and then had them in the garage for 2 months while I ran my BStones down. They're now on the car and very good, quieter on the motorway I think.

danb

Feb 26, 2006
Cambs
bushybeaver said:
New ones on the rears ????
Not sure why, fronts do all the work.

Cos understear is easier to cope with than overstear. Think of it this way - your new front tyres are generating a massive amount of grip giving you confidence to push on when all of a sudden....... your knackered old rear tyres give up the traction fight and you go backwards up a tree;)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.