Air Filter

Mr_Magistus

who am i???
Feb 22, 2005
UK
Right guys after some suggestions.

Gonna change my standard air filter for a better one until i can afford to buy a dynatwist or something.

Anyone suggest which is the best one to use for the LCR

Cheers.

ps (anyone that wants to give me prices on one too would be appreciated)

bigjode

Feb 25, 2006
Green, pipercross, ITG - anything else without alot of oil (so avoid KandN apparently).

Before you splash out on a big boy kit, try the airbox mod - if your that way inclined

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Mr_Magistus said:
Right guys after some suggestions.

Gonna change my standard air filter for a better one until i can afford to buy a dynatwist or something.

Anyone suggest which is the best one to use for the LCR

Cheers.

ps (anyone that wants to give me prices on one too would be appreciated)

Liam, I would definitly modify the existing Air Box, Smooth it Out, Green Panel Filter, Job Done,

Spanky

Banana Virgin..
Feb 5, 2005
Preston, Lancashire
Have a quick search, there is a thread with pictures and everything.

But in a nutshell, inside the air box are ridges and all sorts, which restrict the air flow (but make mass manufacture easier) these can be smoothed out to maximise air flow.

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Spanky said:
Maybe buy a second hand air box, off someone who has fitted a CAI then do it to that (take your time then)..... hmmm... :idea:

Hmmm like me,, my Air Box is just sitting in the garage, need the motivation to do it though. Im now at a cross roads with my engine, Do i go full hog at Bling, The Inlet mani and rocker cover will be polished, strut brace to be polished, seems going backwards putting the standard air box in, the Ram Air makes the bay look tatty in my opinion.

Spanky

Banana Virgin..
Feb 5, 2005
Preston, Lancashire
Empi5 said:
Hmmm like me,, my Air Box is just sitting in the garage, need the motivation to do it though. Im now at a cross roads with my engine, Do i go full hog at Bling, The Inlet mani and rocker cover will be polished, strut brace to be polished, seems going backwards putting the standard air box in, the Ram Air makes the bay look tatty in my opinion.

Can you not get chrome airbox covers...??

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
mate of mine has had a golf for a few years and did this mod, swears it makes no difference to his
he originally ran a CAI and settled for the green panel

chriz1

Dec 13, 2005
how much of a gain is there with doing this then?any1 got any figures?is the dump valve more audble by doing this?

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
No, the top is different as the LCR MAF is bigger, bottom half is the same. The filters are the same though.

LCR Airbox is same as R32 and TT225, S3

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members