Best year to get?

dabossman

May 18, 2006
Surrey
Hey people, first post so excuse me for being a complete tit! :funk:
Getting a cupra r in July but as yet not sure what year to go for. Was thinking from 03 onwards but was hoping to get the best year for my money i.e Factory fitted tracker, 6 disk CD player etc.
Have read the other posts and dont worry wont be asking what the difference between the 210 and 225 is.:doh:
Cheers

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
My opinion would be to go for the latest, lowest mileage one you can find/afford - with the bits on it you want. Set yourself a budget and see what sort of age cars are going within that.

Feb 8, 2004
uk
Visit site
Bar the 210/225 differences the spec is near as damn it identical. They fiddled with the last batch ading/deleting but again nothing major so as reg said buy the newest you can.

dabossman

May 18, 2006
Surrey
Cheers guys.
Have a date with a garage next week but just needed to know a few things before i go.
Take it all the new models have these as standard?

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
My car was registered 31/12/05 on a 54 plate. It did have the tracker (which I was told was only fitted for about a year), it has the single CD head unit (i.e. not multichanger). No Recaro's - not sure what other stuff it might or might not have compared to others.

bushybeaver

V Power Love Machine
May 14, 2005
Mid Devon
Mines an 03/03 lcr210 got recaro seats, 6 cd mulit changer no tracker mirrors fold in I know not all cupras do this, look at posts on rolling road days, no real diffrence between 210/225, book gives it about £800 though.

Shaker26

Hi there,

It's my first post also!

As it happens I am looking to sell my LCR fairly soon, it's black, registered December 2004, only 11000 miles. As standard and hasn't been revo'd. Looking to sell it as I have a company car and it's currently locked away safely in Manchester.

As with the latest R models it has a Tracker but no CD changer - and has had new P Zero's fitted. Alloys are scuff free also!

let me know if you are interested....

dabossman

May 18, 2006
Surrey
How much were u thinking??
Thing with me is that waiting for this months pay, so should be shopping for one in mid/end of july

Shaker26

The going rate it seems is £13.5k for about this age and mileage. The car is pretty much as new but run in perfectly and very carefully only on 98 RON fuel.

You can email me on [email protected] if you want to look into arranging a test drive. I can perhaps email you some photos if you are interested.

Selling in July is not a problem for me....

dabossman

May 18, 2006
Surrey
Sounds good and sumthing which i could be interested in, although Manchester is bit of a trip.
What u could do is contact me closer the time and take it from there

Shaker26

Ok sounds alright - can you send an email so I can contact you nearer the time...

Shaker26

Just incase anyone is interested in buying a black low mileage (11k) LCR that hasn't been ragged - have sold mine to Hobin of Preston. They will probably be looking for about £14k'ish for it when they sell it on.

Saw the new Cupra R body kit in the showroom on a standard Leon - looked awesome. Sales guy said the new Cupra R will have 240 bhp (!!!), and will be on sale by the end of the year....

Cheers.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.