Stubby ariel

daflyingfinn

Apr 15, 2005
london
Hi peeps,

I just tried to fit a stubby ariel(S2000) which used to be on my Mk4 Golf on to my Leon cupra but the metal thread bit on the end is shorter and it doesn't fit. Where can I get a stubby ariel which has a longer thread? I did a search and found a lot of threads re stubby ariel but no info on the longer/shorter threads.

Any help much appreciated guys & dolls..

magic77

Soot Machine
Jan 20, 2004
Camberley - Surrey
Visit site
the standard honda civic aerial should fit fine certainly has done for most people on this forum

bit supprised that you have a problem with the stubby one as its usually just case of trying to get the standard aerial off.

Thought when I did buy mine I just asked for standard civic one not the s2000 but then I doubt there is any difference

daflyingfinn

Apr 15, 2005
london
magic77 said:
the standard honda civic aerial should fit fine certainly has done for most people on this forum

bit supprised that you have a problem with the stubby one as its usually just case of trying to get the standard aerial off.

Thought when I did buy mine I just asked for standard civic one not the s2000 but then I doubt there is any difference

thanks for the reply mate. Did you buy it from a Honda dealer? I might pop into my local Honda dealer tomorrow see if the "standard" Civic ariel is different to the s2000.

cheekyfella

For Oral use only!
Dec 13, 2004
Oxfordshire/Toulouse.
I got my stubby aerial off ebay, can't remember if it was a civic one or S2000 one but I had the same problem with the short threaded portion.
I just cut the rubber back until the thread caught. It looked a wee bit shabby close up but you don't see it when it's fitted.

Hairy

Oct 17, 2004
Wiltshire
The thread is shorter but it does fit, you just need to push it on harder and then screw it in. I didn't need to trim my base.

Thomohawk

May 2, 2006
Standard Civic aerial here.... push and screw :blink: and the thread should catch.

Don't think there is a difference between S2000 and civic. :think:

Dodson

Extreme Blue
Feb 9, 2005
Redcar
I fitted standard S2000 aerial onto my Cupra last night and it went straight on, no problems!

Took me longer to pull old one off!

daflyingfinn

Apr 15, 2005
london
damn....I thought it wouldn't fit so I decided to give it back to the new owner of my Golf. Now I gotta buy another one :(

Will these be available at Inters?

bushybeaver

V Power Love Machine
May 14, 2005
Mid Devon
I got mine from my mate at Honda, Type R one, s2000 is exactly the same.
it's shorter just have to push it down harder, putting it on was much easier then taking the gay anti theft aerial off even if that did take me a miniute to rip off.

leon291155

Jan 11, 2006
there is no S2000 here in ma country also there is no TYPE R ... which aerial .. from other cars and shorter will fit ma LEON .... plzzz i wanna info.

magic77

Soot Machine
Jan 20, 2004
Camberley - Surrey
Visit site
i found that you dont have to trim the rubber round the base of the stuby aerial all you need to do is push it down hard and screw it. The rubber streches around the base of the mount and looks far better then when cut

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise