sold the cupra r now leaving the fold :(

rst_cupra_r

jamie from essex
Jul 23, 2005
Braintree, Essex
as title i have sold the cupra r got good money for it in my mind and i made a little profit so is all good anyway i have bought a ford sieera cosworth 2wd it is in stunning condition and is heavily moddified i will be sad to leave the cupra r as it was a great car but was far to boring to drive im more of an old car fan and now im 23 i can get insured on th cosworth
heres a few pics but most will not like or appreciate but hey never mind
6129b311.jpg

54f5172a.jpg

89e621df.jpg

41117d6b.jpg

SaphCos6.jpg

SaphCos7.jpg

SaphCosBrembos18s1.jpg

SaphCosInterior1.jpg

SaphCosEngineBayChromed.jpg

SaphCosEngineBayChromed2.jpg

Brummy beat me to noticing the "ring" sticker on the bootlid :(
shame it's not an original 3-door, but looks good anyway.

Been slightly fettled? That's not a standard cossie by any means ;)

Hope you enjoy it, and keep us all informed with any progress
Stu

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
Good luck Mate i wanted a cossie when i sold the mondeo but theres loads that have been ragged, being a ex ford boy i understand your choice mate but please dont kill it and carry a fire beater as a few cossies have been toasted by old wiring breaking up Good luck with it!

rst_cupra_r

jamie from essex
Jul 23, 2005
Braintree, Essex
the wheel in pic 5 just looks funny in pic due to them rims being 18's and the arches curve right in at the rear of the arch lol, it hasnt been on the ring it was his other flint grey cosworth but he swapped boot lids for me as his one had a slight scratch on it and i wanted it without a scratch so i took his track day boot lid which was mint lol
yeah it is slightly tunned im having it all checked out by engine advantages including a full set up and tune with massive service on everything it should be around 348bhp i have5 roliling road printout they are 349,348,348,347,349bhp
it is also a rwd so should get power down well lol

rst_cupra_r

jamie from essex
Jul 23, 2005
Braintree, Essex
oh yeh the fire extinguisher is on order already and i drive my carswith respect i know wat my cars can do no need to prove it to everyone, also seem to get big respect from the cosworth badge a evo give me them thumbs and backed outta a little blast but the same stupid cars try it on punto gt and renault 5's also bloody saxo's i just let them pass by though sad lil boys lol

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Good luck with that one fella. Looks like a nice one. Gota few mates with saphys and all are in pieces being rebuilt but all going stage 2 and 3. Looks nice when there mint like that tho.

Not original body for the RWD tho

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Got a 4x4 bonnet and im sure the bumpers are wrong. I may be wrong but i only ever remeber seeing wipers on lights on GLX's and Left hookers

rst_cupra_r

jamie from essex
Jul 23, 2005
Braintree, Essex
yeah th bonnet is 4x4 needed for the vents due to the engine mods and the huge heat is soaks up, but all bumpers and wipers are all correct th bumpers are same through out and the wipers are on th lux models ie the ones with 4 electric windows, sun roof, heated front and rear screen, electric mirrors,

Spanky

Banana Virgin..
Feb 5, 2005
Preston, Lancashire
Not a big fan of Sapphire Sierra's (i'm more of a RS500 boy) but I fully appreciate where you are coming from purchasing one..... I bet you'll have lots of fun with that. RWD is where its at ;)

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
absolutely stunning, my dad used to have a stage 1 2wd saph in magneta and then sold it for a 4x4 smokestone blue saph, with stage 1 treatment,
i was only around 11 or 12 when he had them but god there were fast and all my mates at school thought my dad was well cool!!!!

Andi

Back in Black
Mar 5, 2006
Inverness
Loving the new car. Always had a soft spot for the much respected Sierra Cosworth. Although i dont think i could go old school now.

CupraSteve

Feb 3, 2006
i wouldve been tempted to keep the lcr as a daily driver if you could afford it, thats not really a car you want to be using everyday.

Oh and get some leather conditioner in there

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
surely you need to bin the rear seats, as the access looks quite hard. You may as well then chuck in some buckets and harnesses, will save a lot of weight.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members