PD160 Intake on FR

S13

May 9, 2006
Is there any easy way of checking if my car has a PD160 air intake? (other than checking part numbers etc)

I would just like to check that the previous owner hasn't already put one on before I buy one.

Cheers

T. Spark

Erm, easy take a picture and post it up on here!

How big is it? measure it from the intake at the front and again post it up, everyone has it on their PD130's so if it matches it has a PD160 Air intake :D

sted

random wierdo
Img_1721.jpg

PD130
Img_1723.jpg

PD160

gazjones

ieven with out the pics i think you would be able to tell as itsmassive comaaired to the 130 one lol and all ready smooth on the adaptor as well!

Kyle Townend

Dec 3, 2005
How can it be obvious if you have only ever seen it fitted on your own engine?

It would be obvious seeing two different intakes side by side, but not only seeing the one!

VRStu

Briskodian
Mar 22, 2005
Hampshire
www.fabia-vrs.com
It would be obvious because someone has taken the time to post the pics above.

Also the larger one is quite litterally squeazed in between the engine and the battery box, whearas the smaller one is quite roomy around it.

S13

May 9, 2006
Thanks for all the replies. Pics very helpful.

Looks like I have the standard PD130 intake.

Anyone know an up-to-date price on the 160 intake? (both parts)

Cheers

gazjones

yep i got mine for that amount not long ago although in the forsale section someone has one up for around 20 quid!

Kyle Townend

Dec 3, 2005
VRStu said:
It would be obvious because someone has taken the time to post the pics above.

Also the larger one is quite litterally squeazed in between the engine and the battery box, whearas the smaller one is quite roomy around it.

I was referring to GazJones' post, he said it would be obvious even without the pictures :)

gazjones

well it wolud be tdi 160 is as wide as the cap between engine and battery so cant be bigger but suppose first off you would need to see the pics so you know what its like lol just fitted my pannel filter and so much better it great! would recomend this mod with pannel filter and smoothed air box to anyone!

S13

May 9, 2006
gazjones said:
well it wolud be tdi 160 is as wide as the cap between engine and battery so cant be bigger but suppose first off you would need to see the pics so you know what its like lol just fitted my pannel filter and so much better it great! would recomend this mod with pannel filter and smoothed air box to anyone!

What panel filter have you got? How did you find it better?

Thanks

gazjones

green pannel filter, turbo spools up faster more responsive and slightly quicker so much better to drive! you can see through the green filter but standard is very thick!

gazjones

should do mate i would recomend it i really would all together its cos 30 for intake 41 for filter then bit of time smoothing it all as the top of the air box has a criss cross structure and had to take all that out

gazjones

yes fr petrol has small one as well! both cupras have the large intake its just that the tdi cupra is more common and dealers know what your on about a bit more if you go tdi route, lol not many cupra 1.8t about.

gazjones

that surprising imne rewv so much faster and will now give a bit so a wheel spin in second when before it wouldnt!