boost controler on Ibiza?

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
basstard said:
this one could be getting more than 250hp considering bigger capacity and 16v crossflow head,,,
or was the 246hp figure taken with lpg on?
230 bhp without lpg plus VT2 turbo,246bhp was with lpg. I did a few runs on the RR with more propane which got me 262 bhp but the boost went to 2.4 bar so not safe for the turbo.:cry:
Audi has got a VT5 turbo fitted at the moment since standard head should hopefully flow more air. Hope to get 240-270 bhp to start with.:)

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
now this makes much more sense since we're talking all wheel drive while the majority of the cars I see here, modded to very high figures [for a diesel] are fwd,,,

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
basstard said:
now this makes much more sense since we're talking all wheel drive while the majority of the cars I see here, modded to very high figures [for a diesel] are fwd,,,

Thanks mate that nearly sounds like you are actually paying me a compliment, you feeling alright :bleh: . Traction was getting to be a bit of a problem in the Cupra which is why i got an AWD Audi for, plus the slight fact i rolled the Cupra :whistle:

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
I ain't payin a compliment to you, if ever, I am payin a compliment to your car,,, :lol:

great men are not great for what they have but for what they do.

[now I ain't sayin you're not a good person, it's just I don't know you as a person but just thru this forum]

cultus

so 1.8T intercooler would fit TDI.....didn't know that :think: , btw what kind of cluch u suggest to use with all that upgrades?

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
you can put any intercooler on any car providing that it can keep the pressure you're using and that it is big anough for your needs,,,
I said 1.8T IC cos it seems that no company did an IC for our 1.9 tdi 110hp while many did one for the mk3 cupra. being the car body the same, you can buy an IC that won't require any cutting to your car,,, petrol boost is usually lower than the tdi's so now we just need to know what's the pressure rating of one of those but I believe that for example, a forge aluminium IC can easily keep 1.6 or more boost,,,

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
as for clutches, there's many for the non pd engines,,, many people use a single mass flywheel from the G60 and a clutch from the VR6 but I'd go for something made specifically for the dual mass flywheel,,,
I believe sachs has done something but there should be a lot of them [you know all the 110 golf's],,, paulo may know more,,,

Last edited:

cultus

also i heard about blow off valve beein fitted to our engine... is that possible on stock engine?

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
mickey, I don't think those ICs are a straight bolt on for an mk3 ibiza 110 [as mine or cultus car] that's why I mentioned the 1.8T cos many companies have done ICs for the mk3 cupra. I *think* for example a forge aluminium IC can keep pressures of a tuned tdi with no probs. You just need to get the pipework done,,,

cultus, you don't need BOVs on tdis, they're pointless on these engines unless you want one just for the sound.

cultus

i was goin just for sound with BOV, i like that ssssshhhh sound :D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.