My alloys, what to do....

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
Scotty_b said:
James all in mines £350 which isnt bad for a two stage powder coat. They have to be be done twice in two differnt colours to get the effect i want

What sort of thing are you going for mate?

J@mes - What do you think of the smoked chrome?

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
ibiza_95 said:
why not let them do the wheels in this chrome spray stuff, but then if it goes wrong see if you can get a guarantee that theyll say powder coat them for half the price or something within the year.

just an idea but if a company is going to try this spray then theyll have to test it properly soon.

good idea (wat tris said! ;))

but i dont want to have the hassel of doin it twice! :rolleyes:

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
No seen a few around here and black is tooooo balck for my taste as you lose the difintion of the wheels. Dont get me wrong the look good but just my bag a chips

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
jenk said:
Iv seen a few examples of purklas's work on another forum and they real good.
Cant see why they wouldnt be able to do your wheels, 5 spoke tt wheels are modern and they come up real nice. Drop them an e-mail.
Ill definatly be considering them.

maybe they were diamond cut?! ;)

il be phoning them soon.

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
Scotty_b said:
James all in mines £350 which isnt bad for a two stage powder coat. They have to be be done twice in two differnt colours to get the effect i want

i suppose! :)

its just by the time u add fuel costs to get there and back and money for the day up there its gonna be over £400 to have them done.

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
just spoke to lab tap and they said they do do polishing and not diamond cutting!

but they said it will only last about 3 months and that u must keep on top of it!

the lady suggested i went for flash chrome instead.. looks very nice!

she asked me to send them a pic of my alloys so they could see if the drill (used to polish) could fit inside my wheel.

so il see wat else they say wen they reply!

oh yea she said about £80 for each polished wheel and £50/£55 for each flash chrome wheel

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
no answer from smart repair wheel co./fat wheels or pureklas :blink:

i h8 it wen companies dont answer the phone! [:@]

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
rst_cupra_r said:
i know some one who had there 5 spoke tt rims highlypolished on his mk3 vr6 supercharged golf and it looked the muts nuts

who by?

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
just spoke to pureklas ( http://www.pureklas.co.uk/mirror.htm ) and they said that they COULD get a mirror polish (so it looked like chrome!) (tho i dont want it to be mirror polisded, just polished!) but anyway says he can do it! :yes:

he said that they are also testing a new lacquer from the states which may work with polished rims (dispite there being no key!) :D

he said they should know in another 2 weeks time

i asked how much would you have to keep on top of polished rims if they are not lacquered... he said every time u park up use a microfibre cloth to whipe off the dirt/dust! :-o

im not goin to do that every time i park!

and also use a metal polish once a month.

but if they get wet dont leave them wet, u must dry them!

that is too much hassel for me! :lol:

fine if its a show car, but not on an every day car! UNLESS ITS LACQUERED!

he also wasnt sure if he could polish inbetween the spokes so iv sent him a pic and he will get back to me with prices too... oh and they are up in Coventry! :(

oh yea... he also said he has had customers that have been to fat wheels and lepsons who were not happy with their results so hes sorted them out?! (just thought id say! ;))

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.