Locking Nut Anyone got one?

ChrisJConnolly

Two Goodyear GSD3's in my boot which I cant fit !!! Anyone got a spare locking nut? [:@]

schnipps

Apr 17, 2006
No they arent all the same, they are individual to the car, you have to order one from seat using your car details etc. When you get tyres fitted always check its been put back, or mark it with something so you know you have the right one.

fool

Be carefull when using any key you acquire. When I came to use mine I found out the manufacturer forgot to use metal in the mold and instead decided to use something with roughly the strength of a twix. Hence a trip to a man with a welder and a long bar to get the wheel off!!

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
lockers are a waste of money, my mate has a golf and didnt get a key with it, so we knocked a 20mm socket on it and it came off soft as, so no point having them really,

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
I don't think thats a fair comment - Locking wheel nuts are NOT fullproof - they just delay anyone who tries to steal the wheels, and are a visual deterrent as well (if you have wheels where you can see them)

Same as an Alarm really - not like anyone pays any attention to them - its the immobilisers that do the job at stopping them.

paul h

Dec 22, 2005
Lincoln
SEAT have a big box with about 40 different combinations 1 of them will fit.i got mine off with a BMW lock nut as i forgot mine so tried the bmw box of bolts and hey presto 1 of them fitted.

mALLA

Apr 19, 2006
Sussex
yeah seat in surrey forgot to give me mine when i got the car. found out yesterday when trying to fit some new pads. EXTREMLY annoyed. got a local garage to get the locking nutts off.

In answer to ur question. Most seat dealers will have a master set for ur locking nutts, they can they use that to find out which locking nutt you have, will take a couple of days. i was told there are around 20 different sets.

I couldnt wait cos my pads were almost metal to metal. They hammered a slightly bigger nutt over them and spun them off. put some hell-fords locking nutts on, much better.

mALLA

Apr 19, 2006
Sussex
The wheel locking nutts that come standard on most cars are abit shite. The best ones ive seen, are the mcguard ones, they have a circular head on them, which makes it harder and stronger steal on the top. so its more difficult to split. but i admit, if someone wants ur wheels , they have got them. (without being to philisophical) thats like that with anything. If someones determined enough, they are more of a deterent.

ChrisJConnolly

According to the garage I took to get my tyres fitted, he said it would be cheaper to knock the old ones out and just buy a new set. Cant quite compute that so I think I'll try Seat first. About time they did me a favour.

sjtscott

Now with added Revo! :-)
Apr 15, 2003
London UK
Visit site
My LC got supplied with no locking nuts at all.. rather than moan to the dealer to get the no doubt cheapest ones that Seat supply I just went down halfords and got a McGuard set and sorted it myself.
Unsuprisingly the cars supplying dealer has had no further business out of me in the 3 years that I've owned the car since this wasn't the only problem they caused me.