Does anyone else experience this?

CupraSteve

Feb 3, 2006
Sometimes, like yesterday evening my car felt like it was on fire, pulling really well through the revs, which leaves me with a smile on my face,

but i can guarantee that the car will feel different in a day or two and feel decididly slower again,

does anyone else experience there car performing better some days that others?

its not down to heatsoak because it can happen in the evening and in the day at same temps.

it has a new MAF so its not that

willcooke

Brrrummmm
May 31, 2005
Beds
Yes!

My car is pretty standard, no re-map, and some times it really pulls away and other times it feels almost slow.

It's nothing to do with the weather as I've noticed this for ages and ages. Jabba have checked all the usual suspects but can find nothing wrong.

I've notice a mild improvement now I'm using Optimax, but yesterday for example it felt fantastic - smooth power all the way through the gears, but Wednesday.... the best way I can describe it is "meh."

Odd.

-W

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
i think its all in your head, it could be down to accelerating from slightly below the power band some days which will make it feel slower.

CupraUK

Pushing on
Aug 15, 2005
Bedfordshire
I agree with Brendy, I think its in the mind. I'm feel the same, sometimes great, other times it feels like its pulling through syrup.

Oct 12, 2005
yup i have the same problem....sometime i feel the revo remap is fuked and sometimes turn it off and then back on( dnt no why cud this cause probelms). Juts drove it and it felt mint but maybe 2moro i wont be that impressed.

JKing

Cupra-R
Aug 9, 2003
Mansfield, Notts
photobucket.com
also known as a "20v Turbo day" by nobber

When they are on song they feel great and fly but sometimes they just don't feel the same. I try not to drive mine much in the week and when I do I try to drive fairly conservatively so when I do open it up it still surprises me.

NumberoftheBeast

Apr 20, 2005
Manchester
I experienced this in my Leon R. Sometimes it would just plunge forwards, power surging and putting me back in my seat unexpectedly. Other times it felt slower. I think it is due to cold air, where you are in the powerband and perhaps even how you fettle the throttle.

NeilW

Platinum Member
Jul 6, 2004
Yorkshire!!!
The best solution is to drive a slow piece of crap for a few days (I find garage courtesy cars usually fit the bill). Then when you get back to the 1.8T it feels v. fast again...

BHP Addict

Back in a SEAT!!
Jan 31, 2006
Birmingham
I think Brendy had the right idea.

Try booting it at 3K revs then try booting it at 2K-2.5K revs and feel the difference.

Whether is also a big factor tho

Steve_B

Stacy mmmm.......
May 6, 2005
West Yorkshire
NeilW said:
The best solution is to drive a slow piece of crap for a few days (I find garage courtesy cars usually fit the bill). Then when you get back to the 1.8T it feels v. fast again...

I have the opposite problem, during the week I drive my remapped Saab 93 TiD my Leon Cupra at the weekends bit if feels so sloooow :cry: Quick trip to a REVO dealer in the next couple of months should sort the LC out :thumbup:

awelch

. . . . .
Mar 1, 2006
I agree with everyone, but dont know who to reply to!! just goona let it out and see where the chips fall!!

I have an LCR 225 with green panel and 007p, somedays you jump in the car and love it from the off, others it seems to get slower and slower. The strange thing is, if you look at the speedo it still shifts but the difference seems to be how it FEELS? still seem to smoke most things though, which is nice!!

I seem to have found a temporary solution though!! I just removed my fog lights to get more air to the intercoolers, it makes a considerable air flow difference, and it has done the trick. So long as you dont mind the appearance of the blank fog holes i'd recommend it for the summer! Planning on making the holes look more purposeful, pics when i'm done

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
Lets face it, its 99% in the mind. There is a percentage of people here that can 'feel' the massive difference in power and increased gearshift speed( not my words, I read it on here once, so it must be true) after putting a tenners worth of Optimax in their car as a treat.

Go buy yourself a fast motorbike, then evertime you get in the LCR (or anything else for that matter!) it feels consistently slow. Works for me everytime.

flashbsd

i feel this daily, but the wierd thing is, on a very hot day, sometienms the car will still spin in 3rd and get a huge lump of power to the redline, but on cooler days sometimes it holds back, ive certainly noticed tesco super 99 is better than optimax, optimax makes my timing pull again!

awelch

. . . . .
Mar 1, 2006
This site makes performace vary from day to, it also makes rattles squeeks and my N75 or MAF seem to play up every 5 mins!

Ignorance was bliss untill SCN, but we all still love it!!

Brucel

Apr 29, 2005
Sheffield
awelch said:
This site makes performace vary from day to, it also makes rattles squeeks and my N75 or MAF seem to play up every 5 mins!

Ignorance was bliss untill SCN, but we all still love it!!

I so agree with that!!!! lol:cartman: :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.