Painted Brake Calipers

BJM

Sep 25, 2005
Houston, Renfrewshire
Had wanted to do this for a while but hadn't got round to it untill today. Took the calipers off but painted the carrier while it was still attached to the car. Wasn't sure what colour to go for - was thinking silver or gloss black, went for bright red in the end up. I think it looks good against the wheels. Here's some pics

Wheelclose.jpg

WheelMed.jpg

wheeelFar.jpg

Used Halford's high temp engine paint and a 1/2" brush. Only did the front 2 - will see how the paint holds up theni'll do the rears.

Any opinions on the job I've done and the colour against the platinum paint?

Cheers.

FR-RUSH

IBIZA FR TDI BLACK MAGIC
Dec 3, 2005
Islington
Ive been thinking of doing the same for a while, was it hard to get the calipers off?

I reckon it looks good mate, as standard mine are starting to look a bit scruffy and they are very visable.

BJM

Sep 25, 2005
Houston, Renfrewshire
FR-RUSH said:
Ive been thinking of doing the same for a while, was it hard to get the calipers off?

I reckon it looks good mate, as standard mine are starting to look a bit scruffy and they are very visable.

It's very east to remove the calipers mate - 2 bolts (12mm) and slide it off. I also took the brake pad's off so as not to get paint on them! Mine were also looking scabby so gave them a wire brush 1st then a spray with some brake cleaner.

Cheers.

gazjones

i dint even remove calipers just took my time and a veery steady hand didnt bother taking them off as i will probably replace them for the 312 set up

T. Spark

Dunno, black looks good tbh!

I whent for red, but gunna take them off and do them again with lots more paint, and keep them off the road for a day to dry!

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
no mate most people try not to draw attention to the fact that they have rear drum brakes..:whistle:

If they look tatty paint them black or silver but red will look like your trying too hard..;)

gazjones

i had one balck and one rusty gold colour so i did it to get rid of that really and make them look a bit nicer!

MK8

nathwarr said:
no mate most people try not to draw attention to the fact that they have rear drum brakes..:whistle:

If they look tatty paint them black or silver but red will look like your trying too hard..;)

Paint them Red - do you think im mad? Or a Chav? I meant black, mines like adim silver colour, and i cant think whether painting them black will make them look neat and unnoticable, or draw attention to them, im going to paint the fronts black aswell when exams are over

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
X20HER said:
Paint them Red - do you think im mad? Or a Chav? I meant black, mines like adim silver colour, and i cant think whether painting them black will make them look neat and unnoticable, or draw attention to them, im going to paint the fronts black aswell when exams are over

on post no 11 I posted these, I think they look tidy without drawing attention what do you think?

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g217/nathwarr/brakes2.jpg
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g217/nathwarr/brakes1.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.