What to go for? LCR Questions

Mucus

Hey guys,
Great forums, loads of info, I didn't even have to ask the difference between a 210 and 225 LCR ;)

I'm looking to join the ranks and I'm currently nosing around at the LCR's available around the 11k mark.
I've got my eye on a couple, but I'm really having a hard time coming to a decision, so wondered if you guys could make it any easier for me.

There's a 53 plate on the market for 11,500, (have to push my budget to reach it though) I've checked it out, and it's great (tbh, it blew me away with the power!!) it's got 45k on the clock and is currently being tidied up by the chap selling it. It's having stone chips removed from the front bumper, and general scuffs and scrapes sorted.

There is a 03 plate i've seen too for a little under 11k, with 31k on the clock, but I've not seen this car in the flesh as it were. So i'm a little more in the dark over this one.

My question is.. (Got there in the end)... Do I stretch over budget for the 53 with 45k on the clock, (then stretch even more to up my insurance by the £230 top up needed), or go for the 03 in budget, less mileage too, cash left over to pay insurance top up fee.
I'm leaning towards the 53, thinking it's worth the month or two struggle with cash.

I should also add the 53 is from a trader so I'll get 6 months warranty (Still got Seat warrantly left too) and the 03 is a private sale.

Thanks for bearing with me, and any help or rationalisation will be greatly appreciated..

Mucus.

Soon to be Mucus LCR. :funk:

honeyman

Pirates
Oct 20, 2004
Northampton
Welcome to the site mate, glad you used the search not many people do ;) theres alot of helpful people on here, so don't be afraid to ask. :D

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
Or you could buy my revo'd 03 with 40k on the clock for £10500 :lol:

bestsmall.jpg

Pete

Cuprabob

Feb 6, 2006
53 plate with the warranty. Also if you have had a look through the site you will know all the common issues to look out for and make sure everything is OK before the warranty expires.

Mucus

Cheers for the offer Paul, an 04 would go down a treat, I'd have to give you an IOU for the extra grand though. :D

Icecavern's would be great too, I'm looking at Black though. But saying that, I've suffered 3 seperate keyings down the side of my current car, and it doesn't show on my missus' silver motor, and I do love the look of the Platinum, so if either of these two Black one's I've sourced don't come off, I'm definately throwing that colour in to the mix.

Oh yea, and I won't stop the mindless t*ssers going about scratching cars stop me from buying a nice shiny LCR. Even though a few ppl have said I'm mad.. You work hard for your cash, gotta treat yourslf to a few luxuries. Could really do with getting some off street parking though, but car first, new house second :whistle:

On a seperate note, I've seen the thread on letting your insurance know about mods etc, and whether they have the technology to examine it after the fact, if need be. So when getting my quote for the top up on the insurance, I thought i'd ask the difference if I went for one that had the ECU modded, Elephant said they wouldn't insure me with over 26% increase in engine power.
Sometimes it's good to keep secrets:cheeky:

But j/king aside, I'm gonna go for standard. See if I get bored of the 210 or 225, don't think I will though. Plenty for me at the mo. Think I've only got 125bhp at present...

Mucus.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.