Search results

1. Fifth Gear Issue

Sorry not a seat related problem, however I now own a VW Golf mk6, after owning seats for some time. I recently had clutch changed 200 miles ago, the issue which I face is that my fifth gear sometimes does not engage, no grinding/whining noise, just doesn't want to pop in at all. Never had a...
  2. Service Advice

I was thinking of going fresh with anti freeze, I've just bought my mk5 and its covered 84k, I ended up getting mobil1 5w30 engine oil as it was recommended by a few friends and had awesome reviews
  3. Service Advice

Well to start off I have two mk5s in the family One is a 1.4 sport petrol Other is 1.6TDI Sport I have heard a lot of things about the 1.6tdi engine not being reliable since I have bought the car :blink: Looking to get facts straightened out on that. More importantly, I would just...
  4. Bit of a strange one.

Similar to mine tbh, car warms up really nice then slowly goes down on heat, coolant was replaced recently so definitely not that, whats the best way to check for air lock?
  5. Driver door issues

That's why they known as stealers, I have reset my faults and it seems to be intermittent now
  6. Driver door issues

Any ideas on how much am I looking at fixing one of them.. Let us know what your dealer says
  7. Driver door issues

Drivers door doesn't open with fob but opens with the key fine.. Issue started today, not sure what's wrong with it Any ideas?
  8. What did you and your MK2 do today?

Garage have identified the boost leak seems to be coming from exhaust manifold gasket, they need to examine it further so it needs to go back again. Any idea on repair costs ?
  9. Radio background light seat Leon 06 plate

In other terms there is an issue with the actual head unit
  10. Carista app - Android

Same as mine lol Fault code: 01135 Interior Monitoring Sensors
  11. Radio background light seat Leon 06 plate

Have you got the standard cd player or an upgraded one from seat with sat nav etc.. I have the standard factory fitted one which has an red back light to it, this turns on when you flick on your lights.. Could be an fuse or I might be wrong... Not had my leon for long, sorry if it don't help much
  12. W66RRY - Mk1 Leon Cupra R

Good to hear you got it all sorted mate!
  13. PLEASE HELP!! Seat leon fr 170 tdi no power

I have to agree with Matty here, sounds like the turbo pal.. Mine is currently playing up as well, losing power all of sudden then coming back to life.. Back to the garage it goes seeing as it has warranty on the turbo luckily
  14. W66RRY - Mk1 Leon Cupra R

Wicked thread dude, ended up spending a few hours reading the whole thing! Wonder how its going with this now?
  15. What did you and your MK2 do today?

yhh thats correct, intercooler is behind the front bumper? Need to take the front bumper off then?
  16. What did you and your MK2 do today?

Well timing belt and water pump sorted, however they noticed a boost leak... Never ending is it
  17. Possible boost issue

So went today to get my timing belt and water pump changed and have been advised that I might have possible boost issue.. Any ideas on what to check?? On the way back went on a dual carriageway and put the foot down, changing gears just before red line and seems to pull fine
  18. What did you and your MK2 do today?

Waiting at Midlands VW for cambelt and water pump change to be done
  19. Recommended tyres?

I have to agree with the uni royals, recently changed tyres and they made a great difference
  20. VAG/Leon Specliasts?

Cheers I already got a quote of Midlands VW, will try Isa Technik before booking in! Don't want something as important as cam belt done by a cowboy