Search results

1. davidstarkey11

Rubbers mats?

Just be careful what kind you buy! I bought some lovely premium looking rubber mats for the winter last year. They must have painted the rubber black because my white soled shoes were absolutely ruined after the first drive with them!
  2. davidstarkey11

Retro fit auto lights

No I never managed to figure out the coming/ leaving home function to be honest. Gave up trying after a while, never got any decent instructions from the seller or online. It works fine in terms of auto lights when it gets dark/ driving into tunnels etc. I still have to flick the light stalk to...
  3. davidstarkey11

Is This Car The Regular Mystery Blue

Sunlight can really make it look brighter, almost a different colour but that's definitely Mystery Blue. So much better when it's dark and the metallic pops. I don't think photos do the colour justice though tbh.
  4. davidstarkey11

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Very nice finish that mate, looks OEM.
  5. davidstarkey11

Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

Are you referring to the digital cockpit here?
  6. davidstarkey11

That's true but I prefer the simple, modern looking UI. The UI of the built in sat nav is just awful.
  7. davidstarkey11

Do you know when you start something and wish you never bothered?! I never really use the system navigation, I always just use Google Maps through CarPlay but I'm the OCD kind that likes to have everything up to date!
  8. davidstarkey11

Yeah I have all of the original files on the SD card that came with the car (V6).
  9. davidstarkey11

Perfect mate thank you, yeah that's seem like the only thing I missed! I'll give it a shot tonight!
  10. davidstarkey11

Yeah I copied everything from the SD card to my PC before doing anything. These are the "instructions" I used https://www.seat.com/owners/my-seat/navigation/resolve-doubts.html That sounds about right, I wasn't 100% whether or not it was a full replacement or more of an extension to the old...
  11. davidstarkey11

So I tried my first update since getting the car last night. I followed the instructions on the Seat website. Copy files from SD card to a folder on my PC (back-up), Format SD card, UnZip downloaded file from Seat website, drag and drop new software onto SD care, Eject from PC but the car gives...
  12. davidstarkey11

Conquering Cupra & Golf GTI with 1.4TSI

Obviously depends on how much money you have to throw at it but your'e probably looking at ~250HP tops. It's probably easier and cheaper to buy a Cupra, fit an FR bodykit and badges.
  13. davidstarkey11

Alloy refurb gone wrong

Wow, absolutely speechless.
  14. davidstarkey11

Debadge - insurance

No cause they’ll probably charge me £5 for the phone call [emoji23] Insurance companies will find anyway to get more money from you but I don’t think it’ll void the policy if a debadge hasn’t been declared. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. davidstarkey11

Debadge - insurance

Correct me if I’m wrong? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. davidstarkey11

Debadge - insurance

Looks 1000% times better and cleaner without the badge. Personally I've kept the FR badge but removed the Leon. And no you don't need to tell the insurance company. It's not a "mod". As far as I am aware the only time you need to tell your car insurer about any modifications is: - If it affects...
  17. davidstarkey11

How close to the legal limit do you let yours tyres go?

The last thing you want to be gambling with is your tyres. As soon as you think they're getting low you should be getting some new rubber. Not worth coming off the road for a few mm.
  18. davidstarkey11

Odd looking cupra for sale

Now that's an awful repair. I'd be surprised if it's not paper mache.
  19. davidstarkey11

Interior ambient lighting

I believe you need to have a Leon FR Technology to have the interior ambient lighting.
  20. davidstarkey11

Leon Safety recall [WARNING deletes all the personal Carista etc settings]

I doubt it, I don't think it is a full ECU re-flash, more of a software update as told by the dealership them self.