Search results

1. Mr Pig

Oil filler funnel

Has anyone used the oil filler funnels that screw onto the filler hole? Getting fed up using a normal funnel and invariably spilling oil. I see several different kinds on the net but not sure which ones will work best, fit the car and some cost more than the oil! Any experience of these things...
  2. Mr Pig

Replacement Key Fob

One of the fobs for the 2018 Leon I have has died. It was working, but only from right next to the car, the battery only lasted a month and now it's not doing anything when a new battery is fitted. What are the best options? I've been quoted £200 from a local mobile key guy for replacing the...
  3. Mr Pig

Haldex unit of manual Cupra

Ok so stupid question. Does the Manual Cupra 300 have a Haldex unit on the diff? I ask because someone just told me only the DSG has the Haldex. I think it does, because I've been under the car and seen what looks darn like a Haldex to me! But hey, what do I know? Also the clutch is a little...
  4. Mr Pig

Bought a Cupra!

So, bought a 2018 Cupra 300 ST. Few things to sort out on it. Am I right in saying the diff of the manual car should have its oil changed every three years? Car's at 61k and no record of it being done. Need to change the front pads and spark plug, can do that myself. Where's the best place to...
  5. Mr Pig

Screen Swap

I'm looking at a 2015 Cupra which has the smaller screen sat-nav unit. My 2016 FR has the slightly larger screen. If I buy the car, can you fit a 2016 screen to the 2015 unit? I think the extra size is worth paying a little for. Thank you.
  6. Mr Pig

Breakers near Glasgow

Looking for decent car breakers near Glasgow. My front offside wing has some rust bubbles on the arch. Trying to fix it is a waste of time as the rust will just come back through. Rather than buy a new wing, I'm thinking that if I can find a wing the same colour I can just replace it without...
  7. Mr Pig

Unusual alloy wheels

My daughter's Toledo has unusual wheels. I've never seen another Toledo with these wheels and even googling doesn't find much. At first glance they look quite ordinary but the pattern is very uncommon. I wouldn't mind picking up a spare but the chances seem slim. Anyone else seen these wheels...
  8. Mr Pig

Petrol Fuel Filter

Quick question, Just looking trough the service schedule and I can't see an interval for the fuel filter on the 1.4, or any petrol car. Is this a lifetime part? Just changed the filter on my daughters Toledo and the diesel is 56k miles but nothing for the 1.4 tsi. Thank you :0)
  9. Mr Pig

Leaving the car for a few months.

Hi guys, My son is going away for a couple of months and his 2016 Ibiza FR will be tucked up in the garage. Should the negatve lead be taken off the batter so that it doesn't go flat? Would it be ok if it wasn't? If the battery should be disconnected, is there anything else I should know...
  10. Mr Pig

Oil Drain Plugs

Hi Chimps, long time no see? :0) So I serviced my Leon and my daughters Toledo today. Frankly, I'm a little puzzled by a simple part. The sump plugs. My 1.4 Leon had a short sump plug with a torx socket and a removable alloy crush washer. When I ordered genuine replacement plugs for both cars...
  11. Mr Pig

Spare wheel kit

My father in law has just bought a new Ateca FR with 18'' wheels. Best price I can find for the space-saver kit is £250. Any advance on that? I also see a few variations on the kit, different sizes of wheel I assume? Does that really matter? Thank you.
  12. Mr Pig

Speed Limiters Next Year

This was touched on I another thread but I felt it deserved one of its own. From next year, all new cars must be fitted with speed limiters. This was a EU ruling but, despite Brexit, the UK government has chosen to comply anyway. Yeah, so what the feck was the point of Brexit exactly? Anyway...
  13. Mr Pig

Bridgstone vs Goodyear vs Michelin

I thought I'd share my experience with some tyres. Bridgestone Potenza Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 Michelin Pilot Sport 4 We read tyre reviews, and they're useful, but a bit of a blunt tool. A tyre effectively becomes part of the car's suspension, so different tyres will suit different...
  14. Mr Pig

Window Issue

Three of the windows work correctly. The passenger window goes up and down fine on the button's first position but when you click the button to the second position it does not auto-open or close as the others do. I thought it might be the switch but it's the same if you use the passenger door...
  15. Mr Pig

What does this do?

On my 2017 TDi FR there is a solenoid something like this, on the bulkhead to the right behind the engine. What does it do? What are the symptoms of it not doing it? I've been trying to track down a rattle/buzzing noise since we got the car and I'm wondering of it could be a bad solenoid. I...
  16. Mr Pig

Door lock frozen

My daughter is having a problem with her car. It's a Toledo but I reckon it'll be the same across the cars and more people read this. The door freezes shut, the usual, but when she gets it open it then won't latch closed again. I've not seen it myself, I'm at work by the time she's up. I plan...
  17. Mr Pig

New dampers for FR

The ride on my 2016 FR is a bit crashy. Not terrible but it could be better. 150 so solid rear axle. Has anyone swapped the dampers on this car and if so, what for? I'm looking at Bilstien. Thank you :0)
  18. Mr Pig

Alloy Paint Colour

I've asked about this before but I'm getting conflicting advice. I want to touch up some kerb marks on the edges of three of my alloys and fully repaint another wheel I bought as a spare. I went to an auto paint supplier yesterday but they said there is no standard alloy paint colour and you...
  19. Mr Pig

Spark plugs

Just about to change the spark plugs on my car. 1.4 TSi ACT. Does anyone know what the torque setting and plug gap should be? Thank you.
  20. Mr Pig

Replacing Rear Springs

So we've ordered new springs for my son's Ibiza. He seems to think replacement is easy, you don't even need spring compressors. Is he right? What's involved? Thank you :0)
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.