Search results

1. CupraUK

Full Link

Done a search and can't find a definitive answer to this (although I bet it's been asked a million times), my media plus system does not have "Full Link" as an option in the "MENU" option. Does this mean I can't get Full Link?
  2. CupraUK

New MK3 Owner

Hi It's been a few years since I was on here but I'm back having just bought a MK3 Leon FR, 184 diesel. Got it at the weekend and I'm very pleased with it free uploader
  3. CupraUK

Dodgy de-mist

Here's a weird one, I don't know if anyone can help. My front screen blower/demist has gone mental. It appears to be blowing up to a point down in the passengers footwell behind the glove compartment but then stopping/venting there. Occaisionally it is OK but generally not and its bloody...
  4. CupraUK

Dead LC

Sadly, I suspect that my LC has seen its last day today. Whilst driving down the motorway there was a terrible noise and then engine cut. After pulling onto the hard shoulder there was an oil trail behind and it proceeded to dump the rest of its oil into a pool on the floor. Got it home on a...
  5. CupraUK

The Santa Pod Grudge Match LC vs CTR vs ST

Anyone going to Santa Pod on Sunday (22nd)? I'm going with a few mates/collegues for a friendly grudge match to prove which is the quicker in a straight line, Leon Cupra, new shape Civic Type R and Focus ST. Another guy is coming in his T25 Scooby, so we won't be trying to beat that! The...
  6. CupraUK

Bad brake judder

I'm suffering with huge brake judder at the moment, high or low speed. Almost shakes the steering wheel out of my hands. I would just change the discs, but it seems to have only come on in the last couple of weeks, I would have thought that warped discs would be more progressive. Does...
  7. CupraUK

Sorry 60 2nd debate again!

Hi Ever since I admitted defeat on a very long and drawn out thread about how the LC cannot achieve 60 in 2nd and how Newton's laws mean that you have to engage 3rd before 60 can be achieved, something has been bugging me about the whole thing. Going back to the video I have managed to...
  8. CupraUK

Maf prices

Hi, does anyone know how much genuine mafs are at the moment for the lc? Thanks
  9. CupraUK

1st problem - any ideas please?

Hi I think I've got my first problem with my LC in over 3 years of owning it (other than the odd coil pack and self inflicted injury) I had been using it earlier, parked up, and when I returned to it and started it up I was surprised to see the traction control OFF warning light came on...
  10. CupraUK

Leon Cupra SMIC arch vent (poor persons job!)

A cheap and cheerful way of venting your IC like an S3/TT (About £3) You'll need: Parts - B&Q 16 Louvre Aluminium Boiler Vent, Rivets, 4mm washers Tools - Stanley knife, drill, pencil, rivet gun Time - About 1 hour 1) Get yourself an large (they do a small and a large) 16 louvre...
  11. CupraUK

Right stuff for TB clean?

I'm going to clean my TB tomorrow. I could not get hold of isoproplyl alcohol but I got Wynn's Electrical Contact Cleaner, which is an alcohol based spray. It says on the can: Cleans and degreases Leaves no residue Quick drying Safe for ECUs This should be OK shouldn't it?
  12. CupraUK

next mods

Not your usual next mods thread! I've done the usuals suspects now (see sig). The key thing for me has been stealth, I'm keen (not for fraudlant reasons) to keep all mods as secretive as possible. If a non-scn expert looked at the car at present the only thing that they could possibily find...
  13. CupraUK

Which brake fluid?

Hi I've done a search, my manual doesn't say and the local shop doesn't know..... Anyone tell me what brake fluid I need for my 2001 LC ? Thanks
  14. CupraUK

Help! + Why I'm a numpty + Why I hate Seat MK

I often advise anyone with a little mechanical experience to save cash and change their own brake pads. Well it is usually cheaper unless you are a muppet like myself. I was undoing the alen bolt on the back of the caliper and the hit the brake line sheering it off at the capiper! GUTTED is not...
  15. CupraUK

Disconnecting the battery

I plan to disconnect the battery at the end of each Sunday to stop me having to jump start it again each weekend (I don't use the car through the week). I'm not likely to harm anything by this am I? Is the ECU OK not having any power to it at all for periods of time?
  16. CupraUK

Help... airbag removal

arhhh.. losing my rag with it. I cannot seem to get even close to removing my airbag. It just doesn't feel like (as you can't see anything) the instructions: The instructions are also very confusing, they say push the tab in the direction of the arrow, but in the diagram its suggesting to...
  17. CupraUK

Brake Disc Screw

I changed my wheels over at the weekend and noticed that the small screw that secures the brake disc to the hub when the wheels are off has sheered off. Obviously the disc is held by the wheel nuts when they are on, should I worry about this at all?
  18. CupraUK

Horn problems

Hi I've done a search and am pretty sure on my course of action for fixing my dead horn. Could I just confirm a few bits with people in the know though: 1) The alarm operates the horn OK so does this rule out a relay problem? 2) If the horn itself is OK and the relay is OK then it is most...
  19. CupraUK

Practical weight loss

Anyone have any novel ideas for shedding weight from the Leon (must still work for running the family about) Feel free to add on: 1) Remove spare wheel (replace with Tyre Weld?) 2) Ditch the rear headrests (or at least the centre one)
  20. CupraUK

What model did I see today?

Spotted a black new shape leon today but I can't work out what model it was. It had the side venting + dual exhausts at the back (not twin pipes) Looked fkin great.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.