Search results

1. Centre caps

2. Paint easily scratchable?

I was a little shocked to spend £40 on a drying towel but it's so worth it. I personally favour pre wash over snow foam. I spend 2 hours washing the car and then the next day it needs a clean again.
  3. Trying to get new key fob working....

Back when I got my red FR it had one key as they couldn't find the other. Took so much nagging for them to replace it and recode it. Fairly costly exercise for them I think.
  4. Full link question on used car

Mine has worked perfectly since day one. Both on Carplay or Android auto. Only downside is having a cable permanently plugged in.
  5. New Car, New rattles

I've put mine under the false floor (what a neat idea)
  6. New Car, New rattles

Makes perfect sense, I'll give it a go. I haven't put the seats down much in it but did a few tip runs on the weekend so it got used a bit.
  7. New Car, New rattles

So my ST 290 has started rattling/squeaking. I think it's coming from the back seat where it latches into the frame. I'm sure people here have mentioned it, how did you fix it?
  8. Vehicle Tracker

My friendly neighbour across the road has just put in two HD cameras overlooking his place and ours. This makes me extremely happy as my car is in perfect line of sight with one of the camera's.
  9. Theft prevention

There's a bright blue RS3 Quattro a few doors down, I'm hoping they'd prefer that. We all park on the street. I hope that makes it harder for thieves to work out which car belongs to which people.
  10. Sound Actuator for 1.4?

The soundaktor made me feel physically ill, it was so weird. Bloody hard to unplug as I have big hands but I managed it.
  11. Waze on Android Auto

I'D LOVE TO KNOW HOW TO TURN THE VOLUME DOWN ON WAZE. It's really frustrating that the volume knob does nothing when waze speaks.
  12. Cupra 300 brakes

I'm sorry you had to be in Hull for work, I've been three times from Brum to work up there for the day.
  13. Swap Headlights to Facelift model

Thanks, it doesn't surprise me that it would be quite expensive. I do like the DRL indicators though. Not sure what Seat are doing but I'm seeing so many FR's around these days.
  14. Cupra 300 brakes

Was that at Bristol St motors?
  15. Swap Headlights to Facelift model

I have a MY16 Cupra 290 and I really like the facelifted colour coded DRL's as indicators. Is a direct swap possible in everyone's opinion?
  16. Paint damage

Overly Enthusiastic dock workers?
  17. The great car washing thread.

If I'm in a hurry, I'll clean the wheels with wheel cleaner, rinse the whole car down wit water. Apply prewash to lower half of car, wait a few minutes and rinse the whole thing down.
  18. The great car washing thread.

detailingworld has an excellent Noob section I used, I got advice on which products to use from the dude who Detailed my car after I bought it. Prepare to spend around £150-£200 on products alone, but you can buy things as needed of course. Wheel woolies are super handy, as is a deep plush...
  19. Chosen a Cupra 300 over a BMW M240i

Even here in Birmingham, I've only seen 3-4 Cupra's since I got mine in March. When I had my FR ( back in 2015) I'd see 1-2 a week, now I see at least 10 every day on my commute to/fro work)
  20. DSG Exhaust Popping

Usually only at higher revs, someone on here reckoned it was 4200 RPM. I don't hear it often, usually too busy staring at the road to pay attention
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.