Search results

1. milnei

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

I LOVE it! Now, what other 5 letter words can I think of....:coolthumb
  2. milnei

ACC fault code and issue

I had the ACC fail a couple of times a long while ago, usually after driving in queuing traffic and using the ACC it crawl along and only using the brake when the beep tells me to. Mine wouldn't reset with key off and on, had to go to the dealers to reset. They 're-flashed' the ACC computer...
  3. milnei

Can you find out car spec & options from VIN or Reg?

True, forgot to mention that, so it's now getting more difficult to spot ACC again... :confused:
  4. milnei

Whats the cupra like to live with?

My opinion is that the ride is better in comfort mode with DCC than the FR which is quite stiff to give the sporty handling without adaptive dampers. Obviously Sport and Cupra DCC modes are harder with Cupra almost too harsh unless you're on good roads. The 19 inch wheels are incredibly...
  5. milnei

Can you find out car spec & options from VIN or Reg?

Does make it easier to spot on Autotrader adverts though. For me ACC is a must, and 9 times out of 10 Autortrader adverts just say Cruise Control. So on cars where it's well hidden (like BMWs, Mercedes, Jaguars and Range Rovers) it can be difficult to see, whereas with VAG group it's usually...
  6. milnei

Cupra mode...

Yeh, my bad. Forgot the engine throttle respose was tied into the DGS shift program. Still, couldn't get any burble on the overrun. Does this only happen on manual cars?
  7. milnei

Cupra mode...

Hang on folks, I thought it was only the DSG gearbox that reverts to normal mode after cycling the ignition (that's why shifting the DSG lever back to S mode restores the full Cupra experience). Everything else (including Engine setting) is still in Cupra mode. Also, I must have missed...
  8. milnei

Cupra heated seats

To be honest, they're not very good. They're by far the worst I've experienced, not a patch on Mercedes CLS or BMW 5GT, and the ones in my old Mk1 TT are thermonuclear! Over winter mine are on the highest setting (and coded with OBDeleven to stay on that setting after restarting the car), but...
  9. milnei

Sad end to short Cupra Ownership

I've remarked elsewhere that the Cupra 19" wheels are extremely strong. I've hit many potholes, and damaged two Michelins but the wheels have never buckled. Whereas the 18" OE Ronals on my MK1 Audi TT have all been buckled (and repaired)....
  10. milnei

difference between fr and cupra ?

I agree, the narrow sidewalls can crash into potholes but overall ride comfort is excellent. I'm carrying a few extra pounds and in comfort mode not a lot jiggles around, whereas the FR made me want to lose some weight...! I must add that those 19"s are the strongest wheels I've ever had...
  11. milnei

Something I forgot to mention, the Cupra comes with the adaptive dampers. In comfort mode I believe it's actually softer than the FR's steel sprung suspension that's tuned to be sporty. Then you also have Sport and Cupra settings that really tighten things up.
  12. milnei

I'd settled on a Leon, mainly because of the availability of Adaptive Cruise Control and it being a Golf underneath without the premium price tag. I wanted something quick too. I went to see a 184 diesel FR at a dealership nearby, but the car had been sold that morning. So as to not waste...
  13. milnei

The fart happens when the DSG is in sport mode under hard acceleration. It’s not dependable on the drive profile as you can put the DSG back to normal mode even when the drive profile is in Cupra mode.
  14. milnei

Leon Mk3 Official Seat Workshop Manuals Link

TOTAL LEGEND This should be a sticky.......
  15. milnei

Inlet Manifold Runner Control fault

Just before Christmas my MIL light came on :( .... I plugged in my OBDeleven and checked what the fault codes were. Here they are:- P200400 - Intake Manifold Runner Control Bank 1 Stuck Open Intermittent P201500 - Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor/Switch Circuit Range/Performance...
  16. milnei

OBDeleven modifications

Just wondering if any of you clever people have managed to find the code that gets the satnav to talk to the traffic sign recognition system to prevent the ‘traffic sign recognition restricted’ error popping up? Gives me a minor heart attack every time I drive it when I hear the bong go off!
  17. milnei

Different colour alloys

Picked my Cupra wheels up at the weekend. They had awful corrosion on the diamond cut surface so had them done in black chrome. It's an interesting finish where surfaces perpendicular to your eye are silver, but as the angle changes on the sides of the spokes and inside the rim it's dark...
  18. milnei

Different colour alloys

Will do, but it'll be September. I'm dropping them off, then going on holiday [emoji16]
  19. milnei

Different colour alloys

It's all down to personal taste. For me black on black doesn't work, just as black wheels on white don't (for me). I'm just taking my badly corroded 19s to be refurbished today. I'm going for Shadow Chrome, maybe that's an alternative you could consider??
  20. milnei

White FR with Gun Metal Grey wheels???

Having my Cupra wheels refurbished soon as the lacquer has peeled off the diamond cut spokes. Thinking of having then done in Black Chrome by http://www.wheelrefurbishing.co.uk/ which gives a dark appearance with a silver reflective highlight. https://youtu.be/pzmACPorlBE
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.