Search results

1. lm_92

Fr with Alcantara Seats - Sports Seats or Comfort Seats

Only had the car a few days but I love the alcantara. It gives the interior a premium feel without the hot/cold issues of the full leather seats. I haven't had the car long enough to have any experience of cleaning them, but they were spotless when I bought the car (2 years old). Hope that helps
  2. lm_92

Carista App

Thanks, will give that a try and see what I think. Anything else?
  3. lm_92

Fr with Alcantara Seats - Sports Seats or Comfort Seats

My FR has alcantara sports seats and I can confirm that I also have "Q2J" on my boot floor sticker. I wasn't aware that they ever offered an alcantara variant of the comfort seats.
  4. lm_92

Carista App

Thanks for all the advice on here, just used the beta version on my '17 FR and activated: Park Pilot for the reversing sensors. Single click folding mirrors Gauge Needle Sweep Show Climate Control Fan Level on Auto Anything else anyone would particularly recommend?
  5. lm_92

Empty Slot in Boot Tool Kit

I've had a look through both the english and french versions of the manual and couldn't see anything!
  6. lm_92

Anyone else get floatiness?

Shocks are certainly not designed or supposed to leak. If they are leaking, they need to be replaced. It is normal for a "misting" of oil to be visible where the shock has compressed though.
  7. lm_92

Thanks for the response. Yeah it could be that, I just wondered if anyone knew for sure. I kinda want whatever it is, purely for OCD purposes :roflmao:
  8. lm_92

Anyone else get floatiness?

The first thing I'd check are the springs and shocks. Broken springs can reduce your contact with the road, while broken shocks will make the car feel "bouncy". If you can see any oil on any of your shocks, that's a good sign that it's gone bang. Failing that, places like Halfords offer free...
  9. lm_92

Hi All, Just collected my '17 Leon SC FR 150 and I'm in love (slight upgrade from my 1.2 2005 Ibiza :yes:). I checked the toolkit under the boot floor and the front-most slot is empty. I found an image of the complete toolkit and the item I'm missing is the red case in this image...
  10. lm_92

Leon Infotainment Screen Resolutions

Hi All, I wondered if someone could provide me with the screen resolutions of the 6.5" (pre-facelift) and 8" (current) infotainment screens? I heard that the screen size was increased with no increase to res, but not sure how true that is. Thanks in advance!
  11. lm_92

Tyre Help Please!

I bought my 55 Ibiza 1.2 last year and the tyres are close to needing replacing. The current tyres are 195/55/R15 85V spec, but every tyre supplier that I provide with my registration suggests 195/50/R15 82V spec. As I understand it, changing profile will alter the circumference of my tyres and...
  12. lm_92

Newbie help asap guys

I'd stay well away!
  13. lm_92

HELP! Airbag warning light.

Sorry for the double post but I thought I'd update the thread in case anyone has a similar problem in the future. All is resolved - turns out the OBD2 scanner I bought off eBay just wasn't up to the job. A mechanic came round and had it all reset in about 2 minutes :)
  14. lm_92

Well neither did I until it lit up like a Christmas tree! :P
  15. lm_92

I should also add that the passenger "airbag off" light is NOT illuminated, just the one in the speedo.
  16. lm_92

I'm in Huddersfield. To me, the problem seems consistent with a fault wire/connection, but no matter how many times I try and fiddle with them, it doesn't seem to make a difference!
  17. lm_92

Doesn't appear to be seatbelt pre-tensioners and I don't have access to VCDS unfortunately. Also, cleaning the contacts hasn't worked either. Looks like it's a mobile mechanic job unless anyone has any other ideas (which would be very much appreciated!)
  18. lm_92

Thanks for the suggestion but neither of my seats have airbags so it must the one in the dash. I'm going to try and clean the contacts and see if I have any luck that way.
  19. lm_92

I've just checked the plugs and they're both in securely - does anyone have any idea where I can go from here? :(
  20. lm_92

Hi Badger, Yes I'm fairly sure everything is plugged back in, but I'll open up the dash again to double check! The codes I'm getting are and 00532, 00589 and 01228. Thanks for the speedy reply!
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.