Search results

1. Remapping my ibiza!

I got my 2.0 Tdi remapped from 140 up to 186 on the rolling road. I could of gone higher but was a bit cautious with it, now I wish I'd pushed it above 200. I used a local tuning firm (Auto-tune) in northern ireland on recommendation. It was not just the power increase it was the how the map...
  2. Remapping my ibiza!

I wouldn't let that put you off getting the remap as I said it's a better warranty deal than you'll get anywhere (that I know of anyway) but you just need to be realistic. Chances are if you get it remapped you'll love the results and wonder why you didn't do it sooner, I know I did.
  3. Remapping my ibiza!

Having a quick look at their terms and conditions it seem that the warranty only applies if your car is still under the manufactures original warranty. Also only for faults which are refused warranty repair because of the remap. There are a lot of other conditions which limited the scope of...
  4. VW engine scandal - is it used in the MK5 Ibiza?

I heard the 1.6 will have to have its injectors replaced, the reason for I don't know why. You may be able to get your dealer to collect and return your car while leaving a courtesy car as replacement. Explaining your situation and inquiring politely sometimes goes along way and I'm sure they...
  5. VW engine scandal - is it used in the MK5 Ibiza?

I think all affected VW, Seat, etc owners in general should be receiving compensation on being mis-sold a product, and all the costs incurred should be covered. ...but my concerns are different. I did not buy the car for it green credentials and asking for compensation for a car I've had...
  6. VW engine scandal - is it used in the MK5 Ibiza?

I think when Seat send me the recall letter I'll just call them up and tell not to bother contacting me again as I run custom map software on my car. After all I'm under no obligation to return the car to them.
  7. VW engine scandal - is it used in the MK5 Ibiza?

Just checked on the Seat vin check website and it says my cars is affected
  8. VW engine scandal - is it used in the MK5 Ibiza?

I have a gutted DPF and software EGR delete and can't help but feel that some where down the line this issue will likely cause trouble for me and other in similar situations. Can they make a recall a legal compulsory requirement? Will the current MOT diesel emissions test and DPF...
  9. 200bhp ibiza 2.0tdi

Yeah defiantly worth it. Small price to pay in the end.
  10. 200bhp ibiza 2.0tdi

Got mine remapped today (180 bph 280 lb-ft) a bit more conservative than yours, but made such a difference. I get the feeling I'm gonna burn through tyres quickly now!! Found out that it previously had the DPF removed (after the light came on after the remap, and a bit of investigating) so...
  11. Ibiza 2.0 tdi fr tyres

I'm currently running Uniroyal Rainsport 3's on mine fantastic in the wet and no slouch in the dry either. For me these, or the the Hankook Ventus V12 evo 2's are the best mid priced tyres to fit on the Ibiza.
  12. Replace fr badge

Thanks for the info guys. I now feel more confident about tackling it.
  13. Replace fr badge

I recently bought a 2.0 Tdi fr. When washing it I noticed on the rear fr badge a small part of the badge was discoloured. It appears the colour part is separating from plastic inside due to water damage. I'm considering replacing the badge but would like to know how to do this before I go...