Search results

1. Worse than expected fuel economy 1.4TDI

The only things putting me off the remap is this isnt likely to be a long term car, a year or two max and I'm fairly sure my insurance would take a massive hit considering im 19, in fact, they probably wouldn't insure me. But you claim your MPG is about what im getting? Maybe I don't have any...
  2. Worse than expected fuel economy 1.4TDI

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm actually intrigued by the Techron stuff after some googling, I might give it a shot as it looks quite effective. In response to Arkaig, with regard to weight, no, the car is pretty much empty, normally only me in it and it's only a space saver in the boot. As...
  3. Worse than expected fuel economy 1.4TDI

Thanks for all of the suggestions. With regards to the service, it was serviced 2 months ago with a new fuel, oil, air and pollen filter as well as oil change etc, so all of that should be good. Tyres were recently replaced on the front so maybe the garage didn't put them to the correct...
  4. Worse than expected fuel economy 1.4TDI

I know they're always optimistic, but if they're saying an average of 60 in majority town driving, it seems odd being 10mpg short with majority motorway journeys. I have also seen others suggesting an average of 55-58 as fairly normal Edit: with regard to coasting, I didn't actually know that...
  5. Worse than expected fuel economy 1.4TDI

I have a 2007 Ibiza 1.4tdi sport 80ps, which according to parkers should get around 60mpg average based on I think a 70/30 town motorway driving split. However, on my last full tank I probably did about 70% motorway driving and my mpg across the tank (approx 500 miles) was 51mpg, measured...
  6. Door lock microswitch Guide

Sorry to bump an old thread, I'm trying to remove the metal panel on the passenger side and despite all the bolts being removed the metal panel will not budge, it moves closer to the hinges, but by the lock itself is still fixed solid. There appears to be 2 small rivets by the grommet on the...
  7. Mk4 ibiza cupra aux

Surely it would just be easier to buy a new stereo with the aux port in the front? I'm sure it could be done, but it will be a lot of work removing panels, and from what I remember, the aux input on my Alana head unit was wired into the ISO port, so you'd have to rewire that too
  8. Radio Fuse Keeps Blowing???

Are you sure it's only a 5a fuse? I blew one of mine when changing the stereo and it was a 10a fuse.
  9. Issues with central locking and alarm

Damn... Are the £35 modules from ebay good enough? Because it seems pointless putting worn modules in from salvage places given the common nature of the problem, and getting official parts and fitting them will make this a £200-£300 job, money which I don't really have to spend
  10. Issues with central locking and alarm

Yes, as mentioned above, this is what had me questioning if it was the modules at fault
  11. Issues with central locking and alarm

Do you think the car isnt alarming then? Because at the moment the locking isnt unbearable, but I'd like to have the car alarmed due to my area not being great in terms of car break ins. If the alarm isnt going to work without new locks, looks like both modules will need to be done :(
  12. My first car

Hi, So after a lot of research picking out my first car, I have decided upon a MK4 Ibiza 1.4 TDI Sport. I'm loving the car so far, and have been lurking for a while reading tutorials and generally getting to know the innards of the car better. But I decided its time to make an account and...
  13. Issues with central locking and alarm

Hi. I have some issues with my MK4 Ibiza 1.4TDI. I realise many of these have been discussed, and I have read every thread I can find on this topic, but some of my circumstances haven't been mentioned. - First of all, when I get in the car, if I do not turn the car on, after 30 seconds the...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.