Search results

1. Clubsport S Golf vs Cupra 280

So just a random post from the blue, but my boss left me with his rather awesome Golf Clubsport S for a few days, and I was blown away by how strong it feels compares to my Cupra. Now bearing in mind I do have the big Milltek downpipe, and a rather straight-through full Milltek system with...
  2. Quick video showing resonated vs none-resonated on my 280 ST

So I gone done made a quick video. Why? Because I finally swapped the first and second silencers in my Milltek exhaust for two pieces of normal pipe... quite the difference, unsurprisingly! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU8QlHzi3ds Extra to this, I've also disconnected the soundaktor, which...
  3. Cupra 300 ST 4x4 ordered today

I love the Golf R, and I imagine this 300hp AWD will be massive improvement for 95% of Cupra 280 owners. Even with 'just' XDS braking on the front axle, there's no denying that a Golf R launches and accelerates way quicker than a 280 on the road and at public road speeds. My own 280 is something...
  4. Chasing proper race cars in the family wagon...

In the end it was the sidewalls that gave out before the tread blocks. I kept rotating front-to-back, and even left to right to counter-act the clockwise nature of the track. But if I want to do more than 50 laps on a set of tyres, I'll need more camber. The original orange 19s are still...
  5. Gearbox issue cupra 280 manual

I'm on 7000kms and only yesterday I found myself wondering about the clutch return, it seems slower when the car is hot. And when the oil is cold, the 'box is feeling maybe 1-2% stiffer than when the car was new. Going to be keeping a beady eye on it...
  6. Cupra wheel hop, sorted...

Cool! I'm actually doing my first SEAT gig on Friday and Saturday, for SEAT DE. Skidpan on Friday then generic-racing-stuff Saturday. You here for Blancpain?
  7. Cupra 280 Milltek?

It's exactly as you can see in my photo above, as mine is also the Superior Trackcar (ST).
  8. Cupra wheel hop, sorted...

This Superpro solution looks amazing! I've been having issues with shifting at full torque/torsion loads on track, PLUS I hate that wheel-hop. So shoddy. Thanks for a great thread!
  9. Cupra 280 Milltek?

Sorry, but I've committed gross crimes against fashion, humanity and our OEM overlords...
  10. Are remaps flagging up?

Definitely NOT running DTUK here. Oh no, siree bob. That would invalidate my warranty! But with a friendly SEAT dealer on hand, the only thing that could be spotted (hypothetically) was a field that logs maximum torque. If you reset the ECU on the VW machine, that maximum value resets to zero...
  11. Cupra 280 Milltek?

I've got the Milltek system on mine, downpipe et al. A bit meatier than standard, sounds great but not much louder at all. That's fully EU-compliant with sports-cat and resonator... etc... Very happy here.
  12. ST Cupra 280 takes on Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio Verde at Nurburgring

Pfft... that SEAT driver looks like a right w****r to me. ;)
  13. Chasing proper race cars in the family wagon...

I dropped down to 18s and put on Pilot Sport Cup 2s in 235/40-18. Wheels are 18x8 Speedline Corse in ET45, they fit well. You wouldn't get a fag paper between the tyre and arch liner at full compression though!
  14. Chasing proper race cars in the family wagon...

Fair to say, I'm really enjoying the new car... http://youtu.be/m2fsFaWxH_Q
  15. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

I did some laps of a big one-way road in Germany, trying to keep up with a 991 GT3 and a home-brew über-Golf: YouTube link
  16. What turbo Cupra 280

I wonder why they switched to IHI?
  17. Sunroof headroom

I tried the 'panorama' roof on the demo ST I drove, it was really good and didn't seem to affect headroom at all. Car I eventually got at the right price turned out to be a none-sunroof model though.
  18. Are dsg's really worth it?

DSG is best, which doesn't explain why I ordered manual. HTH.
  19. Useful Nürburgring Links

Wow, some OLD links at the top there! ;)
  20. New Cupra 280

Basic problem is, if there's no grip, there's no grip. The magic diff will not help you in that. What you did was totally overcome all grip and spin BOTH wheels with too much power. Just because you have an LSD doesn't mean you can forget all efforts at finesse and control. In the wet you...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.