Search results

1. MK3 Cupra Part Numbers

Does anyone know the OEM number for: 2002 (99-02) ibiza cupra steering column stalk switch? Moreover, did any cupras of this year exist without a trip computer (you know, that thing that shows gas mileage etc) ?
  2. Mk3 Ibiza Cupra FAQ - Please Read Before Posting

Why some car part dealers would sell 239mm front brake disc/rotors as the right ones for the cupra?
  3. Ibiza mk3 cupra board trip computer

Hi, I own a 2002 (99-02) ibiza cupra and it doesn't show current/avg consumption :( . I am in the process of checking whether my car has the right windscreen wiper stalk installed. What I m asking now is if.. is it possible that my car doesn't have this functionality - having a trip computer...
  4. Windscreen wipers go crazy

Hi, On my 99-02 ibiza the wipers turn on on their own, both at the same time (front and rear), and they also stop working on their own (after like 30 seconds). When the wipers have been moving on their own... the wiper switch was non-responsive, meaning, it was ignoring all the commands...
  5. Dashcommand app

Hi, If anyone wants to roughly measure the performance of the engine, you can buy an ELM327 obd2 scanner (4 euro) and install an android app named 'dashcommand', then run its 'logging' function and get a lot of information from the engine... simple. I thought we could share our...
  6. BOV blowoff valve fault?

If is not DV the reason for too much pressure.. what could be? Also, 99% of the time its working correctly, the remaining 1% its runnign under too much boost.
  7. BOV blowoff valve fault?

How can you test the diverter valve? I mean, who can test it? Is there a way a mechanic could test it or I have to buy a new one?
  8. BOV blowoff valve fault?

Can it get stuck? Or what else could cause the torque to drop while it should be flat (or the right opposite, too much torque).
  9. BOV blowoff valve fault?

Does the stock mk3 cupra (1.8t) have a blowoff valve? My car behaves like it has one which from time to time gets 'stuck', causing too much turbo boost. When this happens it accelerates better but also some kind of misfire can happen (misfire, maybe engine knocking). Moreover, sometimes it...
  10. Bucket seats fitting?

Any addtional info? About subframes, about what type of bucket seat to look for..
  11. Guide:- Removing Secondary Air Injection

What is that part needed for? The original air filter box has also an opening from a pipe from this secondary air injection. Can I remove the original air filter box and install an universal sports air filter, ignoring the pipe from secondary air injection?
  12. 1.8t 20v cupra - WHICH OIL

2001 stock ibiza cupra, which oil does it need? Any 5w40 for gasoline will do it or is not accurate enough?
  13. Cupra radiator cooling fan

How many fans does it have a 1999-2002 ibiza cupra? With and without AC.
  14. Horn Issues

Moreover, how many horns does this car have? We re talking about 'mk3 6k2' ibiza cupra
  15. Horn Issues

Where is the horn placed? How is it the easiest way accessible? In case of a replacement needed, would there fit a different horn from eg VW group with taking care or wiring-soldering its connector ?
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members