Search results

1. DonCarlos

Ecomotive bad engine knocking sound

drove my ecomotive under normal load and the bottom end seized. might be your big end crank bearings. Tapping from top end - tappets. Knocking from bottom end (you can feel it through the gear stick) crank bearings.
  2. DonCarlos

Are 1.4tdi ecomotive engines different?

I thought the engine was the generic 1.4tdi, the difference being the gearbox, ecu and inlet manifold. Can I used a standard 1.4tdi bare engine for a replacement and bolt/fit/swap everything else over? Or do they have a totally specific ecomotive cylinder head? Edit - just got off the phone...
  3. DonCarlos

Where to get recon engine from 08 1.4tdi

Hi, as title, bottom end has gone on my 08 1.4tdi ecomotive - can anyone share links for recon engines with warranty - will fit myself - cheers.
  4. DonCarlos

gearbox oil change?

1.4tdi ecomotive - 143K miles, service record has no entry for gearbox oil change. No problems with gear changes, still smooth and tight. Car past recent MOT with no advisories in fact the tester remarked how surprised he was saying that everything was in such good working order and told me...
  5. DonCarlos

Perforation/Corrosion Warranty - wheel arch bubbled

Ibiza will be 7 years on the road on the 1st Sept. I bought the car 3 weeks ago. The o/s front wheels arch is bubbled 40% of it's surface + one main area with a popped blister about the size of a 5p. There's bubbling right at the front of the wheel arch where the bumper is aligned...
  6. DonCarlos

Worse than expected fuel economy 1.4TDI

70% motorway should see at least 55/58 mpg average, I reckon, running on correctly inflated tyres - cheaper tyres will have a lesser rolling resistance. How clean the engine oil is can affect economy quite surprisingly. But it really does matter how these cars are driven. Changing gear as low...
  7. DonCarlos

Needing Opions

Do my stock Ecomotive 14" steelies look ****? How the car looked last week with the original stock low drag ecomotive trims on (one was missing from the other side, and upon close up inspection they were badly kerbed, marked, scored and ill fitting. From my personal experience...
  8. DonCarlos

New Ibiza Tomorrow!

I really can't imagine a small car like an Ibiza with 240 brake I bet it must be a right hoot.
  9. DonCarlos

Brake PR Numbers? 08 1.4TDI Ecomotive

Thanks - I'll be taking the wheels of later today and will check for that cable/sensor. I'll also measure the discs. As the ecomotive came with a can of tyre sealant gunk and an inflater (both are missing from the polystyrene housing where the spare wheel would be) I'm assuming there won't be a...
  10. DonCarlos

New Ibiza Tomorrow!

I have no idea why 90 views of this post have not resulted in a single reply yet. Is this forum f****g dead? Unsociable twunts! Joe - congrats mate. I got my new to me Ibiza yesterday, a little rough around the edges too but I'm happy with it.
  11. DonCarlos

Fabia parts

Hi, in answer; Arch liners - I very much doubt they would - totally different body. Stalks. I have no idea what you mean. Do you mean indicator stalks? Cruise control. I imagine it could be possible. I assume the cruise control system is shared by the VAG group. But this may not be the case...
  12. DonCarlos

Got my new ibiza!

Hey that's awesome for you mate. Enjoy.
  13. DonCarlos

Brake PR Numbers? 08 1.4TDI Ecomotive

Looking at brembo brake pads and brake discs at opie oils website, there are however 2 options for both front and back pads with different PR Numbers. Euro car parts, with reg entered, is the same, standard pads are listed for my car and also more expensive pads with a cable attached to 1...
  14. DonCarlos

HELP! seems like the weather has coated my car in I don't know what

maybe there were workers cutting stone nearby? and maybe it is sap with dust stuck to it. hope you get it sorted soon buddy.
  15. DonCarlos

DIY Service Guide: Fuel Filter, Oil+Oil Filter, Pollen Filter, Air Filter + MAF Clean

when changing the fuel filter is it advisable to drain the fuel out of the old filter into a jug and pour it back into the new filter so it's not filled with air?
  16. DonCarlos

rust lookalike spots

I have pimples on my bonnet. countless hundreds of raised pin head pimples. I think they will polish out with a rotary buffer and some compound. Pimples can be caused by moisture in the paint at the preparation stage or not allowing solvents to evaporate before a second coat, and they can take...
  17. DonCarlos

Should I worry about this??? Water goes through bonnet

I spray (standard trigger spray bottle) the entire engine bay (done when the engine bay is all dry) with duck oil (google it) it stops corrosion, stops moisture penetration, seals, prevents rust, helps damp starts etc etc - obviously it burns off any very hot surfaces. Done this over the years...
  18. DonCarlos

cheers :D
  19. DonCarlos

Handling Improvement

good reccomends in this thread, I'm looking at poly bushed for my high miler to tighten it up, cheers
  20. DonCarlos

Jacks Seat Leon K1 NOW ON AIR

I assume the air lift kit gives a more comfortable ride with having low profiles on? or is it purely performance related?
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.