Search results

1. Leon 1.5 EcoTSI Xcellence Dsg Shifting Transitions

Is it possible you have Sport mode selected in the driver profiles?
  2. Seat Leon 1.4 tsi

I’ve got the DSG version of the same model (MY16) and it’s been a very reliable car. Only issue I’ve had was front shocks needed replacing at 20K and the rears followed at around 40K miles. Both done under warranty but still seemed unusually early in my experience of driving for over 30 years...
  3. Satnav stopped working

I expect you have already tried this, but occasionally my satnav stops. I can’t recall the exact message I get, but it’s always solved by removing the SD card and then putting back in its slot. Might be worth a try?
  4. Seat Leon left wing mirror stopped dipping.

I think this is because one of the window auto up/down needs resetting. I had similar a while back and I first noticed because the mirrors wouldn’t fold on the key long press. Resetting the window worked for me. There are quite a few threads describing the reset process and I think carefully...
  5. Front bulb warning

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I’d hope if it’s the LEDs then, as they are supposed to last the life of the car, there should be no cost. Interesting point about the filament bulb. The indicators are working but I have a vague feeling that the indicator is an orange bulb within the headlight unit...
  6. Front bulb warning

I don’t unfortunately. I do have the extended warranty so will be ok to take to dealer but will no doubt have to suck up an excess. On the basis everything seems to be working ok (at the moment) I may live with it for a little bit longer. Thanks for the post.
  7. Front bulb warning

Hi, hoping for some help. Turned on headlights tonight and got the dreaded warning triangle on dash and message on the screen to check right front bulb. I’ve checked the light and as far as I can tell all looks well. Car is MY16 FR with full LED headlights. I don’t have auto lights. All the LED...
  8. Sat nav error message ?

Sometimes my navigation randomly stops working and I find that removing and reinserting the maps SD card reboots it and gets it working again. Not sure if that is same issue you have but might be worth a go.
  9. 1.4 TSI (150) Cam Belt Fact/Fiction

I’ve got the same engine and year as you and I had a reminder from my dealer to get it changed on the 5 year anniversary. They recommended the fixed price change which included a Seat 5 year warranty. Think it was £499 at the time. None of this answers your question of if it actually NEEDS...
  10. 290 lux Creaky Seat.

I had something similar on my previous car and ended up greasing the runners which were pretty dry. This solved the creak in my case so could be worth a try. Hope you get it solved.
  11. Bluetooth memory Issue

Sorry not really. I think there is a factory reset somewhere in the menus but that’s probably a last resort....
  12. Bluetooth memory Issue

This is where I was hoping someone more knowledgeable would chime in.... A quick search of the forum found this courtesy of Blacksheep: ‘Try rebooting the infotainment system - press and hold the power button for 30 seconds; release when the Seat/FR/Cupra logo appears.’ I would do that with...
  13. Bluetooth memory Issue

I don’t know if this will work at all, but often when there are problems with the head unit the advice on here is to do a reset of the unit. I believe that is done by pressing the on/off button for a period (20 secs?) Hopefully someone else can confirm how that is done. Then reconnect phone and...
  14. Key fob battery replacement issue

Well embarrassingly I took the battery out again, gave it a good old blow, back in and now works a treat. Although was odd how it worked once first time then stopped so will keep an eye on it. This time the message disappeared which gives me some confidence it’s now sorted. Thanks for your reply!
  15. Key fob battery replacement issue

Hi Brackett Did you resolve your issue? Just had a similar problem. Changed fob battery following the message in the MFD. New Duracell exactly same as the one in the key. Opened car with it and started car but still had the same message. Turned off and locked car but when tried to re-open nowt...
  16. Voice commands from Waze or Google Maps

Thanks I will also give this a try. I did wonder if you need to be streaming to get the voice commands?
  17. Voice commands from Waze or Google Maps

Good point. Think there was a recent iOS update so maybe that is why. Will give it a go, thank you.
  18. Voice commands from Waze or Google Maps

Hi Hoping for some help with using either Waze or Google Maps and getting voice commands through the speakers. I have a pre-FL my2016 FR with navigation etc. I use an iPhone 7 and have no problems connecting phone by Bluetooth to stream music or make phone calls. My problem is when using the...
  19. Air con

I had my 65 plate 1.4 FR re-gassed at around 45k and just under 4 years old. I had noticed some odd behaviour whereby AC would be ok from start of journey but gradually get warmer over a period of an hour or so (noticed on all day drive through France). Regas solved the issue for me and AC is...
  20. Music via bluetooth skipping

I’ve noticed a few times on my 65 plate FR. Not sure if coincident with Apple updates but generally I have found a reboot of my iPhone sorts it out.