Search results

1. LCR mk1 breather hose split.

Agreed a very simple job, but I've got more money than time at the moment, and a lack of access to my tools as I mentioned before.
  2. Bumper respray costs LCR

Has anyone had their bumpers repainted? Mine are suffering with fade and lacquer peel. If so what did you pay
  3. LCR mk1 breather hose split.

Where the red circle is above, there is NO T piece - It's just two hoses butted together. I have limited access to tools and time now and use the car every day for work - I was hoping to be able to buy the right bit online and get my mate to sort it out on his ramp
  4. LCR mk1 breather hose split.

Here is a better photo, shows the large rubber breather pipe from the valve, that joins the hard platic pipe coming out the block. I believe the PO did 'PCV Delete' on my car. Now the large bore rubber breather is OK, and it is joined by the split/broken part to the hard plastic pipe off...
  5. LCR mk1 breather hose split.

A possibility, I'll have to have a better look today but access is poor!
  6. LCR mk1 breather hose split.

Thanks mate, will see if anyone else can confirm, and suggest how easybto change
  7. LCR mk1 breather hose split.

No boost leak, it's a breather hose connection as far as I'm aware. It smokes oil smoke out of there whilst idling. I'd not expect that from a boost leak, and not throwing any codes.
  8. LCR mk1 breather hose split.

In case it helps, this is looking down the front of the block between the inlet manifold and the cam cover. Near the dipstick tube.
  9. LCR mk1 breather hose split.

As circled in red, to the left of the jubilee clip, this part of the breather system has split, and is spitting oil and smoke. It appears to be some kind of joint, can anyone tell me what part I will need to change and whether it's simple DIY or a garage job for access - as I only have a...
  10. LCR tail pipe soot.

I just use autosol as that's what I have on the shelf...
  11. LCR tail pipe soot.

Not sure a wire brush would be right, it'd scratch the hell out of it for a start. Here's mine. It's the bottom lip that annoys me, as I want it to be a shiny oval lip.
  12. LCR tail pipe soot.

Does anyone elses LCR suffer with soot deposits on the bottom of the taiilpipe? It's annoying as I want it to stay nice and shiny! I assume its just from where the ECU runs the fuelling rich when its warming up?
  13. Brick_Top's LCR

I don't believe it will be necessary for the power gains I am looking for...
  14. Brick_Top's LCR

I won't be lowering it, it handles well and hits the splitter on the floor enough as it is. This car will not become harsh or wild as I use it every day. I just sold my 88 CRX because it was too compromised. Some more power, a little noise and I'm pretty much done :) Got my sub and amp...
  15. Water pump

Those of you with failures, are you using genuine parts?
  16. first oil change myself advice needed

Hi Michelle I've not done an oil change on a 1.8T yet, but in my experience of lots of other cars, the sump plug is usually on the back of the sump towards the back of the car. If you jack the front of the car up on 2 x axle stands, or use ramps, the oil will flow to the sump drain anyway...
  17. Brick_Top's LCR

Made a start on upgrading the audio system today. I have some parts that I removed from my CRX which thankfully are a good fit for this car. I used an Autoleads speaker adapter kit to fit some Hertz Dieci DSK 165 components in the front doors. The crossovers slotted nicely against the window...
  18. Help and Advice wanted!!!!

Glad you got the stat changed, and that it made a difference of some kind. I have to agree with my fellow Bristolian above, it's time to start testing the circuits involved. Matty, do you know if there is a coolant temperature sensor for the needle gauge separate to the one the ECU uses for...
  19. what have you done to your car today ?

Removed my front door cards, replaces OEM tweeters and woofers with Hertz dieci 165s. Sounds so much better. A bit of hot melt glue to install the tweeters, and tucked the crossovers next to the window motors.
  20. Starter motor on lcr

My starter motor sounds slow when it turns over, but the engine always fires first time and maybe on the 2nd rotation. Is this a sign my starter motor is giving up? How much do they cost on an LCR?
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.