Search results

1. Altea how long have you had yours and are you pleased?

We have had 2 Altea's so far. A brand new 2.0TDi sport on a 54 plate. we had that for 4 years. the only problem was a faulty boot opener otherwise no problems. Then in 2008 we changed for a 1 year old (07 plate) Altea 2.0TDi Special Edition with all the goodies. the only issues was the dreaded...
  2. I hope it was not a member of SCN...

found out this morning from the police that he was 4 times over the limit. unbelievable..
  3. I hope it was not a member of SCN...

Morning everyone, I hope whoever you are you are not a member of SCN. I also hope you are totally ashamed of your actions. Last night a young male driver (twenties) in a 60 plate white Leon FR crashed into a parked car outside our house. The guy was totally trashed and you could smell the...
  4. ESP (ABS) Fault

afternoon all, i had the dreaded ESP light come on (2007 Altea SE 2.0TDI) which as expected was the g201 brake sensor. i was quoted £1115 + labour. car is 7 months out of warranty but has full seat service history and 31K on the clock. i asked the dealer to put in a good will gesture. it took...
  5. cruise control problems

hi all, we have an Altea 2007 2.0TDI SE and can confirm that there is a light on the dash when cruise control is switched on.
  6. Bad vibrations!!

hi all, our altea 2.0TDi sports tyres were replaced all round after 20000 miles. i went for the goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3. after the fitter had left (we used a mobile service) we had bad vibration at low speeds. he came back and re did the balancing. this time the vibrations moved to 80mph as...
  7. Altea blistered 16" alloy

thanks charles - i'll give it a go.
  8. Altea blistered 16" alloy

hi everyone, i was cleaning the car at the weekend and noticed that on one of the rear wheels the 'alloy' has blistered \ flaked on one of the spokes and come off. Anyone know what had caused this and is it easy to repair or claim under warranty. car is 54 plate and covered 19k miles. wheels...
  9. Boot Stuck

yep - we had our boot lock replaced 3 times under warranty after it would not open. it has been fine for the last 6 months. get your dealer to check it out.
  10. Safety Recall

well lucky for me they used the same parts and like you i had a nice piece of paper listing the parts! any way recall done and the car seems ok.
  11. 2 year \ 20K service costs

Anyone recently had their 2 year \ 20k Altea serviced? What sort of cost are we talking? As i am in Bromley please can it be from local dealers as i will obviosuly not be going 100's of miles just for a service. thanks
  12. Safety Recall

booked in on the 16th. my official Seat recall letter finally arrived at the weekend weeks after the dealer informed me and the arrangements made.
  13. penzance and back

not quite a leon but we have the Altea with the 2.0TDI and have just like you done a round trip of 850 miles to cornwall and back. We managed 49.5MPG with the car fully loaded with luggage and 3 people. 80ish on the m-ways and climate on all the way. Well impressed.
  14. Safety Recall

found out this morning - I do need to have the twin mass flywheel changed. parts on order. Sorted by dealer when i popped in for something else. Still no official letter from Seat.
  15. Safety Recall

popped into the local dealer today for something else and was informed by them of the recall. car booked in two weeks time for the check. i still have not had any official letter from Seat.
  16. Safety Recall

me too. but no letter from seat!
  17. Safety Recall

well, still no letter for me. does this mean i am not affected? I got the altea 2.0TDI in sep 04. i will double check with the dealer this w/e just incase
  18. Insurance Deal

pretty much the same for us...
  19. Strange leak

perhaps i should tell the dealer that when mine goes in shortly...
  20. Safety Recall

hopefully mine was built from the same parts bin as yours! i did not need the fuel pump replacing and i have not yet received a letter for the latest recall. fingers crossed
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise