Search results

1. Parking sensors/front assist playing up.

Exactly the same as I've found - normally a Focus (or something Ford generally) in the next lane (when crawling along the motorway in rush hour).
  2. 2016 1.4 tsi act turbo noisy

You can only hear it with the window open to be fair.. Recently passed 25,000 miles in mine.
  3. 2016 1.4 tsi act turbo noisy

Only annoying noise on mine is the "rattle" I can hear when driving alongside a wall and it's in 2-cylinder mode. Have never heard the turbo though..
  4. FR 150 TSi DSG

This is my 4th 1.4/DSG VAG car - a winning combination. Have done over 150,000 miles in them and no issues with the DSG (the twincharger engine was a different matter). It's not perfect - runs out of puff at the top of the rev range and it sometimes seems to be sluggish coming off a trailing...
  5. speedo vs GPS - deviation?

By law, a car speedo can't under-read, but can over-read by up to 8% (I think). This allows for difference in tyre sizes (despite the wording, not all tyres of a specific size have exactly the same rolling radius), plus a little bit of a safety factor.
  6. Excessive tyre wear - 1.4tsi FR?

Agreed - I was down to 3mm on the fronts on mine at 18,5k (service) and that's the Dunlops it came with from the factory. Just about to hit 22k and they still aren't quite down to the treadwear indicator (but are pretty close now).
  7. 1.4 TSI Low Oil Warning

:thumbup:
  8. Fuel flap stuck shut

Not sure if its exactly the same flap as on an ST but mine was a sod to open to start with until I realised it works every time if you press the flap where the actual lock is (I think it bent the flap rather than activated the lock) - just below the swage line on mine. If you are pressing it in...
  9. Slight roll forward in reverse with DSG box?

Either wait a couple of seconds (the same gearset is used for 1st and reverse) before releasing the brakes or try pressing the brakes a bit harder when stationary to get the Hill Hold to kick in?
  10. 1.4 TSI - super unleaded?

Mine runs fine on Tesco 95 to be honest and that's where it gets filled 95% of the time. Partly because it's over the road from home..
  11. 1.4 TSI Low Oil Warning

I didn't get one when it was delivered by the dealer (first time) although it did appear when it went back for a warranty repair (to the towbar cover they messed up). Didn't get a second one when it went for its first service.. Try and blag one from your dealer? Saying that, one would hope...
  12. Update 15/06/16 - Crash and Seat UK Warranty advice needed

If SEAT UK say no, then I guess that's the answer - but without it in writing, you may be left in the lurch..
  13. Leon FR ST 1.4 TSI ordered

I'm getting a real 50mpg+ from mine - just driven normally. It does get better as the car gets a few miles under its belt - When refilled it used to claim 490 miles to empty when new. It now says between 530 and 540 miles each time and just done 510 miles on the last tank with a claimed 45...
  14. 1.4 TSI Low Oil Warning

Any oil to the correct VW spec will do - Castrol Edge being the preferred brand and available in most places (i.e. petrol stations) these days. Didn't you get a top up litre (normally in a black bag, usually velcro'd to the inside of the boot somewhere)?
  15. 1.4 TSI - super unleaded?

Probably true a few years ago - my previous 1.4 TSI engines were twincharged and really did benefit from using 98 or greater (it was recommended for the Fabia and it really didn't like running on 95 but certainly the Scirocco went a lot better on 98 or better - fuel economy alone paid for the...
  16. Involuntary Reverse Gear Selection

Used to do it occasionally in both a Passat and a Golf. Now back in a DSG :D
  17. Start-Stop disabled...

Daft question - did you have your seatbelt on at the time? That seems to confuse it..
  18. Clock an hour behind

Yep - I found setting it to BST and GPS occasionally resulted in it slipping back to GMT. Set it manually in the end...
  19. Seat Leon FR RECALL

Do you mean a "Service Campaign" which is different to a Recall? That basically means they've found a possible issue which is not safety related. I'm not sure why Seat Emergency Service are involved though?
  20. Seat Leon FR RECALL

Nothing here - although mine's going in for a service in a fortnight.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.