Search results

1. Touch up paint for 18" performance alloys

Impressive job. How did you exactly do it and how long did it take? Think I have 2 rims that needs sorting out.
  2. Digital Dash

The digital cockpit looks great and the concept means potential the customize the designs etc. However not sure if it's done deliberately by manufacturers but Audi/VW won't allow you to access Google Map/Waze on the DC - it's only reserved for the central screen. Until that day comes, it doesn't...
  3. Handbrake issues

Interesting to know, which might explain why never had issues with handbrake not holding my FR 150 - apart from the times I forgot to pull it up :P Having said that I always notice the car would jerk few seconds after I lift off the brake pedals before the handbrakes takes over - suspect this...
  4. New 1.4 TSI 125 fr

Convenience pack plus is a must have for me. The digital cockpit would be nice, but I quite like the analogue dials, it just oozes sport. Adaptive cruise would be no brainer if you drive regularly on dual carriageways or in average speed zones. I wanted to get the SEAT sound but given the level...
  5. Rear wiper.

Got my rear wiper sorted this weekend, no more judder. Definitely more straightforward than putting together flatpacks. Even the missus was impressed :) Now if only it was that easy and cheap to shut out all the road noise!
  6. auto wipers

Omg no wonder mine are always a little slow! I thought the bigger drop meant it will speed up the wipers. I must have played with it before but still couldn’t work it out. What a muppet.. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Cup Holders

Since I don’t drink coffee and tea is just too expensive the cup holders have become a dumping ground for small items including my wallet. Agree you cant shift easily if there’s a bottle. It’s not a good habit since more often than not I end up leaving it in the car by accident! Its one of those...
  8. Saying hello

+1 for DtD. Had such great experience and the price was awesome. Sadly couldn’t get the £1k financing discount at the time because I haven’t lived in the country long enough. But it was still miles cheaper than all my nearby dealers. In the end the nominated dealer was only 50 miles away so just...
  9. Audi s3 vs seat Leon 280. Who do you think won?

Reminds me of a really tragic story where an S3 was stolen from a Manchester home in a well off neighbourhood. The wife watched in horror as his husband was killed trying to fend off the thief. Anyhow this shouldn’t be the deciding factor (perhaps the insurance is...) but I would go for the...
  10. Rear wiper.

Inspiring stuff... just like how I learnt how to DIY for my home. Couldn’t find Valeo but just ordered the Bosch A311H instead for £9. Thanks for putting the instructions together will let you know how I get on. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Rear wiper.

I've had my car for 2 years and it's my first car so not much experience with changing or doing anything to my car apart from filling up the tank! Am I right that changing the rear wiper is a straightforward job and just google / watch some youtube video? Or best to get someone from Halfords to...
  12. Car Brand loyalty - do you have it?

Totally agree, but having said that I am pretty sold on the VW group. The latest MQB chassis is great and so are their engines. The interior/system is well designed and logically laid out. The lower end brands like Skoda/SEAT is nothing to shout about but the cars are well designed and good...
  13. Speed camera gadgets

I second CamerAlert, works like a treat and database is excellent when used in the UK. Unfortunately it couldn't save me from a hidden mobile van during my holiday in North Wales. Now that I have driven for a couple of years, I know where to be be extra cautious. Lately I started using the navi...
  14. Rear wiper.

So glad I came across this post, thought it was just my Leon FR (65 Plate) that came with a dodgy blade. Will look into the Valeo, thanks!
  15. Just ordered Leon 1.4 (150) w Drive the Deal

This is great news, cheers for sharing all those positive experience. Had a chat with the dealer (based in Kent) today, so far so good. Guess the only thing I worry about is how much longer I have to wait! I am paying <18k On a side note, you just have to wonder how so little people know...
  16. Just ordered Leon 1.4 (150) w Drive the Deal

Just ordered 1.4TSI 5DR (150bps) tech pack with upgraded alloys and convenience pack with drive the deal. Their quote is just unbelievable and when I asked my local London dealer to match it, he was so disgusted and kept complaining how someone could possibly make money selling at that level...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise