Search results

1. Oil light problem!

Mine was blocked solid, i replaced in rather than cleaning as only £9! needs replacing every few years!
  2. Oil Warning light on and engine tapping

Just removed the sump and found the pick up pipe blocked solid with carbon! Thanks for the help. I 've read on a few threads people recomend replacing the pick up is this necassary?
  3. Oil light problem!

With this fault do you get an engine rattle?
  4. Oil Warning light on and engine tapping

I just came back from my holiday so had not drived my leon for two weeks. i was over taking in third gear up to 6,000 Rpm. When i changed into 4th the oil warning light started to flash, so i stopped stright away. The car now sounds like a diesel i though it sounded like a top end rattle so...
  5. Cooling fan fault?

The fans sound faulty to me, either replace or carry out mod.
  6. petrol mileage

Drove 800 miles to france and averaged 33 MPG. Round town 22MPG
  7. LCR Splitter

This is to fit to a poor man`s cupra! I was just replacing for a new one!
  8. LCR Splitter

Has anyone got fitting instructions? Fitting mine today!
  9. what tyre pressure do you guys put in your LCR alloys

The figure on the tyre is the maxium pressure the tyre can operate at when cold. You never inflate to that figure. I put 34 psi all round. Seat figures are quoted on the fuel cap
  10. What is the longest youve left a cam belt?

Every 40, 000 miles for me! Change the water pump also as only £25 extra!
  11. correct charging voltage at idle

13.8 - 14.4 volts is the correct spec
  12. liquid gauge/vag com coolant temp please?

My liquid gauge does the same. I just asumed the gauge in the car was not very acurate as never moves from 90 once warmed up!
  13. LCR fan fault. Now fixed

I chnged my large fan today. i was lucky i used the pit at work, i removed the fans complete and replaced the faulty one on the bench! took about an hour in total
  14. Tire pressure

i think seat recomend 33PSI empty 41psi fully loaded. I just went in the middle! Never had and problems with tyre wear!
  15. Tire pressure

I run at 37 psi all round!
  16. LCR fan fault. Now fixed

I've got my big fan to change at the week end, does anyone have fitting instructions?
  17. Air con drain tube - where is it?

have you tried replacing the pollen filter? this helped on mine, it was totally blocked!
  18. air con probs

You proberly have a faulty cooling fan. Check to see if it runs when the air con is on. When your not moving the air con rad will get too hot and the pressure will increase when on the move the rad is cooled by the air rushing through it.
  19. Long trip on the LCR coming up

Going again in july was going to try the toll free route to save 100 miles and 100 euros! Has anyone tried this?
  20. Long trip on the LCR coming up

Just check the oil, water and tyre pressures, fill the tank and drive!! i've been to france a few times in my seat the first time we did 800 miles the only time i turned the car off was to re fuel! never missed a beat!
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members