Search results

1. j.owen

Another TRC splitter thread....sorry

If you don’t live too far away or don’t mind the drive then go down to their HQ and speak to them and see what they can do. I have seen a few facelift Leon’s with TRC splitters and they didn’t look out of place in any way at a glance...
  2. j.owen

1.8TSI Cupra MPG

Maybe, I’m pretty sure I filled the reserve tank also on that occasion. 52L is the most I ever got in, but I do frequently get more than 45L - Maybe Tesco are just having me off!
  3. j.owen

1.8TSI Cupra MPG

No mate, it’s conpletely possible to overfill the tank - Try it, let it click, hold the nozzle to let the gas out and go again, I regularly get 48-50L
  4. j.owen

Best panel filter.

K&N
  5. j.owen

1.8TSI Cupra MPG

Because it let me fill to 52L
  6. j.owen

1.8TSI Clutch Warranty

Hi guys, I remember the thread on here last year regarding clutch slip and warranty related work on the 1.8TSI Cupra... I've recently started to notice my clutch is slipping, I was just wondering how you guys (or anyone else) got on with SEAT regarding the warranty? I know that the clutch is...
  7. j.owen

I need advice!!

The obvious would be remap for the best BHP/acceleration increase for cost.
  8. j.owen

Heard I'd be stung if I change car - rumour was true!

I've ran quotes through AF a few times in the past, never been competitive for me. However since Admiral group are no longer providing me with quotes because I'm about to enter my renewal period and they're usually the cheapest by far I ran a quote with AF as well as other more bespoke insurers...
  9. j.owen

Rear Windscreen Washer Stopped Working

Thanks for the reply Dr.Dash The front/rear share the same bottle so there's definitely some fluid in there. From memory there is a noise when operating the rear wiper, just no fluid, however I will double check this over the coming weekend as it may have gotten progressively worse as you...
  10. j.owen

Any BCA inspection experiences at the end of a PCH?

Yes. They failed to notice a cig burn in the drivers side carpet but noticed a small scuff on the interior roof plastic which I was unaware of, tried charging me £80 for this... Didn't follow through with it after me pointing out that the car was absolutely immaculate minus this (no kerbed...
  11. j.owen

Rear Windscreen Washer Stopped Working

The rear windscreen washer has stopped working in my Ibiza Cupra (posting here as the MK5 Ibiza forum is dead and I imagine there isn't much difference when it comes to washer jets) I noticed over the past couple of weeks the water was coming out at a weird angle rather than centrally, it...
  12. j.owen

Induction kit for 1.8TSI Cupra Black

Only just seen this - What filter did you go for by the way? I’m looking in to it but not sure which will fit [emoji848] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. j.owen

Declaring Modifications

Yeah that’s for splitter, side skirts and spoiler, only 21 at the time too Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. j.owen

The Cupra has landed!

Can’t go wrong with Nevada white, nice mate, looks like IMG SEAT WARRINGTON too? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. j.owen

Wheel nut caps

I have this problem with my Ibiza Cupra. 3 missing on the front drivers side, 2 missing on the rear drivers side and 1 missing on the rear passenger side. Took me a similar amount of time to notice this - Out of interest, could anyone provide a link to where I could purchase some replacements...
  16. j.owen

Declaring Modifications

I’d always use common sense in these scenarios. I have aesthetically modified my Cupra. I have declared them as it only cost me £80 so I went with it. If you’re doing engine modifications I would recommend declaring them for obvious reasons (you crash, they inspect, notice undeclared...
  17. j.owen

White cupra paint code

It’s in the boot on the side, failing that near the spare tyre. Nevada white I believe, don’t know the official code off by heart though. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. j.owen

Funnily enough I was there today for a wheel alignment and asked the question and they mentioned that it was coming in stock. Just checked and yeah you're right, pretty steep. I think I'll pay the extra couple hundred and go for APR stage 1 myself! I would like a cheaper induction kit though...
  19. j.owen

For the 1.8TSI? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. j.owen

I know there's a few guys on here nowadays with modified 1.8TSI Cupra Black's. Just wondering what you could recommend for a full induction kit? The only one I can find is the REVO OEM style one...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise