Search results

1. j.owen

1.8TSI Clutch Warranty

Hi guys, I remember the thread on here last year regarding clutch slip and warranty related work on the 1.8TSI Cupra... I've recently started to notice my clutch is slipping, I was just wondering how you guys (or anyone else) got on with SEAT regarding the warranty? I know that the clutch is...
  2. j.owen

Rear Windscreen Washer Stopped Working

The rear windscreen washer has stopped working in my Ibiza Cupra (posting here as the MK5 Ibiza forum is dead and I imagine there isn't much difference when it comes to washer jets) I noticed over the past couple of weeks the water was coming out at a weird angle rather than centrally, it...
  3. j.owen

Induction kit for 1.8TSI Cupra Black

I know there's a few guys on here nowadays with modified 1.8TSI Cupra Black's. Just wondering what you could recommend for a full induction kit? The only one I can find is the REVO OEM style one...
  4. j.owen

Best lowering springs for high motorway mileage

I'm looking in to buying some lowering springs for my 1.8TSI Cupra 6P as it sits way too high as standard - However, I do a lot of motorway miles (40 miles per day), some city driving as well as parking in a multi-storey car park which is pretty steep for work. I'm looking for a decent drop...
  5. j.owen

Tailgate spoiler fitted

Just thought I'd share, glad I finally got around to getting it painted and fitted, for anyone debating it, definitely do it! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. j.owen

Vinyl Front Plate

Do I or don't I? Is this legal or not? It's reflective, it'll be in clear view, it has the correct size and font, the only thing I'm wary of is the spacing around the edges Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. j.owen

Where to get my OEM tailgate spoiler fitted?

Hi guys, I recently bought the OEM MK5 Ibiza Tailgate Spoiler for my Cupra and I was wondering if any of you guys have had a similar experience when getting a quote for the fitting of it. I've arranged to get it painted an fitted by my local bodyshop/paintshop for £100 which is all well...
  8. j.owen

1.8TSI Cupra MPG

I just thought I'd share that I got 465 miles out of my tank last week (filled with 52L of Tesco's Super-Unleaded), also got a 53 MPG read out on my 22 mile commute. Very impressed with the usability and overall performance of the car, pretty sure I never got those kind of figures in my...
  9. j.owen

1.8TSI Cupra Black Exhaust Crack/Backfire

Hi, I initially posted this in the Ibiza mk5 forum for obvious reasons however haven't had any response, probably due to the fact there's only a handful of 1.8TSI Cupra owners. So I was wondering if any of you 1.8TSI Leon mk3 owners have experienced this. Basically I booted it in first...
  10. j.owen

Ibiza Cupra Black 1.8TSI Stock Exhaust Crack/Back Fire?

Ragged it in first gear and changed to second and heard a massive crack, **** myself and thought something had gone happened. Seems to be my exhaust back-firing/cracking?! Anyone else experienced this with their cupra? I'm made up haha! Watch the first clip, ignore the rest, don't have any...
  11. j.owen

Ibiza Cupra 6J Facelift (1.8TSI) SC Rear Spoiler

Seeing as though SERE are no longer supplying parts (unfortunately the day I was about to purchase!) and local SEAT garage prices are astronomical, where can I get an official rear spoiler? Alternatively, are there any good quality and widely used third party spoilers? Photos would be...
  12. j.owen

Ibiza Cupra (6P) reversible exhaust modification

Does anyone know of a relatively cheap and easily reversible exhaust modification? I know that an entire exhaust replacement is reversible but I'm thinking of something more subtle for the time being. I'd also be looking for something which doesn't drone on the motorway as I do quite a bit of...
  13. j.owen

Damper failure - Related to tyre pressure?

Driving to work this morning my tyre pressure warning light came on, when I got to work I inspected the tyre and couldn't see anything visibly wrong with it or noticeable deflation. Checked again before leaving work, on the way home I got a "damper failure" message come up on the screen. Is it...
  14. j.owen

Full Link Apps + Useful Tips

Is there a way of installing apps on to the Full Link system? I used to have a speed camera app on the Garmin system on my Ibiza FR and was wondering if it's possible to get something similar for the Full Link system? If not, any useful tips/tricks?
  15. j.owen

Reserved a 1.8TSI Cupra Black

Just put my deposit down on a white 1.8TSI Cupra Black. It's a 66 plate ex-demo with 700 miles on it, got it for £14,000 + £90 delivery fee, which I believe is a ridiculously good deal. Hopefully going to go and look at it on the weekend and purchase if all is well. Is there anything I should...
  16. j.owen

Cupra 280 Insurance

Hi guys, This post isn't directly related to Cupra's however it is indirectly. I posted a few weeks ago about my decision to look in to buying a used 280/290. I've found a couple that I'm interested in and I'm ready to buy... I'm 21 years old with just over 2 years driving experience. I'm...
  17. j.owen

Cupra 280/290 real world mpg

I can imagine that this has probably been covered in another thread somewhere, so apologies if this is duplicate. Point me to another thread if so! I was just wondering what mpg could I expect from a used (as in engine has already bedded in etc) 280/290. I do around 16,000 miles a year (I...
  18. j.owen

One of you lot?

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/local-news/speed-camera-shockers-driver-caught-12376468 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. j.owen

Cupra 300 lease deals

This is the one to beat so far, unfortunately I have to look for 15k+ miles due to my commute - Also awaiting a quote from lease4less, who'll hopefully do me a slightly better deal as I lease my current car with them! Be interested to see what anybody else has found, looking to order one in the...
  20. j.owen

Is this a speed camera?

I know this isn't Leon or even SEAT related but I'm hoping somebody knows what this is! Two of them have popped up on country lanes (50 zones) near my house, right next to where it goes down to 30. They're relatively busy roads I guess but not a place you'd usually see generic traffic CCTV...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.